Banana Punch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
[FONT=comic,arial,helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1][FONT=comic,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]basic recipe- makes 50 half-cup servings. (punch-cup size) [FONT=comic,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]List of Ingredients[/FONT]

[FONT=comic,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]6 cups water
4 cups sugar
Heat over medium heat until sugar dissolves; don't boil.

5 bananas, mashed
1 46-oz. can pineapple juice
1 12-oz. can orange juice concentrate, diluted as can directs
3 tablespoons lemon juice

ginger ale as needed, 3 or 4 2-liter bottles per recipe
[/FONT]
[FONT=comic,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Mix the above and add to the sugar water. Divide into two freezeable containers and freeze until the day of the party.

About an hour before serving, remove from freezer just long enough to get soft around the edges. Place about half of a container (scoop it out with a big spoon) into a punch bowl. Pour a 2-liter bottle of COLD ginger ale over it. Replenish the ginger ale as needed.

The nice thing about this punch is that your punch-to-ginger ale ratio isn't all that critical - it tastes great any way you mix it. (Allow about 3 or 4 bottles of ginger ale when you prepare the punch.)
[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]

Hmmm... I never thought to combine banana with pineapple, orange and lemon juice and ginger ale! Interesting mix. Thanks, I'll definitely give this one a try.

Yes, it is just different enough to be interesting but not so unusual to turn people off trying it. I hope that you like it.

Back
Top Bottom