Bedtime Drinks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

csalt

Sous Chef
What do you like for a bedtime drink.
Chocolate; Horlicks; Ovaltine; Tea ; Herbal Tea :Coffee? something stronger?

We usually have Cadbury's Hot Chocolate but made with water...a little kinder to the waistline!:)

Ovaltine is my breakfast. A very large glass of red wine, and a melatonin tablet, works wonders before bed, though.

We vary, from just water (but DH and I drink water pretty constantly anyway) trough herbal teas, cocoa (with barely any sugar, but could not do without the skimmed milk!). I like hot milk and honey and/or with cardomon, and in the winter a hot toddy is always nice!

I prefer a glass of wine but if we are talking non-alcoholic, I guess some iced tea. The caffeine doesn't really bother me but I sleep much better with the wine.

decaf (or caffeine free) tea or coffee. tea is especially good hot, i find that hot drinks tend to tire me out (why i like drinking iced coffee in the morning). unless you're not going straight to bed, in which case i might go with a fully caffeinated tea, but fully caffeinated coffee tends to keep me up for a little while, so i wouldn't reccomend it.

Caine said:
Ovaltine is my breakfast. A very large glass of red wine, and a melatonin tablet, works wonders before bed, though.
:) I love melatonin I drink a glass of water with a packet of Emergen-C joint health it has1,000 mg vitamin C,500mg Glucosamine,400mg Chondroitin and some other stuff like folic acid,manganese,calcium,b12,zinc,chromium.Ive been taking this for years its good stuff the C keeps up your immunity.Then I take about 1/4 of a 2.5mg sublingual melatonin.Sleep oh soo good.

jpmcgrew said:
:) I love melatonin I drink a glass of water with a packet of Emergen-C joint health it has1,000 mg vitamin C,500mg Glucosamine,400mg Chondroitin and some other stuff like folic acid,manganese,calcium,b12,zinc,chromium.Ive been taking this for years its good stuff the C keeps up your immunity.Then I take about 1/4 of a 2.5mg sublingual melatonin.Sleep oh soo good.
Hmmm? How is this a good night time drink? Not slamming, just curious. Sounds like a vitametavegamin concoction.

And, where do you find the ingredients for the drink?

In the summertime mostly water. Every once in awhile a glass of wine. If I treat myself and have a bit of dessert I have either a glass of milk or a cup of decaf coffee. In the winter I like to have hot chocolate with or without Bailey's Irish cream and marshmallows, Peets jasmine tea, hot apple cider with a cinnamon stick, or around the holidays eggnog with Captain Morgan's rum topped with whipped cream and sprinkled with nutmeg.

I learned about hot toddys from a book I have on massage. Each has a theme. The Sweet Dreams Massage focues on the hand. And includes a sweet dreams potion (the hot toddy) which is says is hot milk with almond extract, honey and cinnamon sprinkle.

Back
Top Bottom