"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine > Non-alcoholic Drinks

Old 06-18-2008, 08:09 PM   #11
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSeccia View Post
I wouldn't drink it. Why? Because with Y2K, my boss had me buy stacks of cases of bottled water. Some months later we had customers in and offered water. There were these strange floaties (flakes) in the bottles (Nicolet Artesian Water). The beverage service we used investigated, traced the bottle codes and said bottled water has no preservatives, and that we SHOULD mind the expiration date. Who knew?
Okay, now I'm rethinking. My bottle contents says "purified by reverse osmosis filtration or distillation and enhanced with minerals for a more pure taste".

The front of the bottle says "Purified Drinking Water with flavor enhancing minerals".

Old 06-18-2008, 08:15 PM   #12
Master Chef

I buy. We can't drink our water here. Smells like an over chlorinated pool, blah
for our coffee pot, I just buy store brand drinking water. For us to drink, dh and ds loe Deja Blue and I drink Fruit 2 o tropical fruit flavor.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:27 PM   #13
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to AMSeccia
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
I buy. We can't drink our water here. Smells like an over chlorinated pool, blah
for our coffee pot, I just buy store brand drinking water. For us to drink, dh and ds loe Deja Blue and I drink Fruit 2 o tropical fruit flavor.
Hi Stacy,

I do buy and drink bottled water, although we do try to use the filtration pitcher at work and home whenever possible. I didn't mean to mislead anybody ... I just wouldn't drink the outdated water bottles that OP asked about. Those were flakes of mold in the bottles at work.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:32 PM   #14
Master Chef

Yea, I don't think it is so much the water as the cheap bottles. However, if they added minerals and what not to it with no preservatives or emulsifiers you may be seeing that stuff 'settle' back out of the water.
If the water is still clear then go ahead and use it, worse case scenario it will be flat and warm, but like you said better than nothing. Either that or dump em out before the hike and re-fill with filtered water or tap water.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:33 PM   #15
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSeccia View Post
Hi Stacy,

I do buy and drink bottled water, although we do try to use the filtration pitcher at work and home whenever possible. I didn't mean to mislead anybody ... I just wouldn't drink the outdated water bottles that OP asked about. Those were flakes of mold in the bottles at work.
No, I know there are lots of people that won't buy water unless they are out and about. Just putting my reason why I buy.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:25 PM   #16
Head Chef

I predicted it a year ago, and it has happened:

CARBONATED
, FLAVORED WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you say SODA???

Sure you can.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:24 AM   #17
Senior Cook

Don't forget to consider the environmental impact of bottled water! The water that comes out of your tap has to meet stricter regulations than that which comes in bottles! I'd suggest buying a reusable bottle or two and re-filling that.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:12 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by seans_potato_business View Post
Don't forget to consider the environmental impact of bottled water! The water that comes out of your tap has to meet stricter regulations than that which comes in bottles! I'd suggest buying a reusable bottle or two and re-filling that.

that's what i do seans, people think they are getting filtered tap water. some even refill the bottles with setting on for the filter. there can be no difference in the plain tap or the filtered? water. it is all in the head . lol the filter hasn't worked in a year.

babe
Old 07-15-2008, 12:09 AM   #19
Assistant Cook

water

i settle water from water fountains. but if i have to buy it would be ethos water.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:01 AM   #20
Assistant Cook

I heard somewhere that bottled water wasn't as safe as tap because there is no organization to monitor the practices of the companies that produce bottled water.