Bottled Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a hard time drinking tap water around here. Mainly, it's because the tap water around here tastes pretty bad. BLECK!

While I don't mind drinking bottled water, I do have issues with BUYING bottled water, as it's more expensive than what comes out of the tap. I'm thinking I just need to buy a filter, but then you have to purchase more filters after awhile.

:) I don't buy as much water as I used to. When I travel I take a Brita Water Pitcher that filters out chlorine and all kinds of little nasties. It works great, you can also get water bottles that filter the water as you drink it. I use these for taking water on walks etc I even have one for by the bed.
SIGG USA - Eco-Friendly, Reusable Swiss Water Bottles!http://www.onlinefitness.com/produc...vanced&OVADID=28563475011&OVKWID=212023694511

The simple Brita Pitcher is all you need. When I worked in Texas the water was awful I used my pitcher and it did a great job at making the water more palatable plus you are not throwing away so much plastic and of course a whole lot cheaper. It's easier to buy a few filters to keep on hand than to constantly buy water.

I predicted it a year ago, and it has happened:

CARBONATED, FLAVORED WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you say SODA???

Sure you can.

Not really. Soda contains 14 teaspoons of sugar or a sugar substitute. Carbonated flavored water is just water with carbonation and a little flavoring. Gives you the feeling you're not drinking just plain water.

Not really. Soda contains 14 teaspoons of sugar or a sugar substitute. Carbonated flavored water is just water with carbonation and a little flavoring. Gives you the feeling you're not drinking just plain water.

:) Whats wrong with plain water? It can be very good when it's pure and cold. The water here at home is about as pure as you can get which is why I hate most of the water in other places. Seems at the hotels and motels water is over chlorinated you can smell it thats when the Brita comes in handy especially when I take my dog she gets filtered motel water as well or she wont drink enough water.

jpmcgrew, please don't remind me! I miss that natural spring water when I would go backpacking out at Philmont. Of course, the iodine taste from the Polar Pure didn't help. There was one camp that we stayed at, where the adults were saying we probably could have just filled out canteens from the spring and not added the Polar Pure. Downstream, though, we started seeing beaver dams, so the Polar Pure was a necessity to kill the giardia.

jpmcgrew, please don't remind me! I miss that natural spring water when I would go backpacking out at Philmont. Of course, the iodine taste from the Polar Pure didn't help. There was one camp that we stayed at, where the adults were saying we probably could have just filled out canteens from the spring and not added the Polar Pure. Downstream, though, we started seeing beaver dams, so the Polar Pure was a necessity to kill the giardia.

:LOL: Maybe I need to send you a couple of gallons from my house.

I heard somewhere that bottled water wasn't as safe as tap because there is no organization to monitor the practices of the companies that produce bottled water.

Actually there is a govt. agency that monitors the water in producing bottled water, I'm not sure if it's the FDA or not. I used to work at a water company and they had to take tests of the water every other day to be examined. We had inspectors come in once a month to make sure the factory was clean and the water was bottled in the proper way. I know there were a lot of tests that had to be done daily. I wasn't involved too much with that, I mainly cleaned the water coolers and repaired them but I also had to follow standards before we could send out the coolers. We bottled distilled and spring water. The expiration date was usually 1 year out from the date of bottling.

Barb

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom