"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine > Non-alcoholic Drinks

Old 01-10-2005, 04:29 PM   #1
Executive Chef

Brands of Coffee

What is your favorite brand of coffee? I have been drinking Folgers, Maxwell House, and now local brand called Thomas coffee. Each one seems different. I really don't care for first two only reason I drank it is my mother would always buy it. I t hink cause she had coupons. Just always saw it when she fixed it. Now I wish I would of asked why she used them?

Old 01-10-2005, 05:29 PM   #2
Certified Executive Chef

I am hooked and adicted to Starbucks, specifically the Sumatra, Italian and Suglaese, love the African beans the best. Kenya is also a fave but it is so expensive I do not buy it often. My daughter does not work at Starbucks any longer but when she got me free coffee she could not get Kenya. Before I began drinking Starbucks it was Columbian only, got costco's brand Kirkland, tasted better than Yuban.

Old 01-10-2005, 07:17 PM   #3
Hospitality Queen

I like Millstone Coffee - it's not bitter, like so many are. Don Francisco is pretty yummy too :)

:!: Inthekitchen (since you're in So.Cal) - next time you go to a Chevron station, get the brewed coffee - it's super good. They used to serve millstone, but now they have another brand which is equally as good. Generally most stations have flavored creamers and Torani-type syrups there too, so you feel like you're in a coffee house, but the coffee is generally around a buck.
Old 01-11-2005, 04:51 PM   #4
Executive Chef

jkath: I was wondering were you where? I live in St Louis. I have seen Cheveron stations but I don't think around here. They carry Millstone coffee at our store will try it. Everyone raves about this Starbucks. Can you buy it to make at home? I always see on tv that they get it to go. I wish.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:37 PM   #5
Certified Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen
jkath: I was wondering were you where? I live in St Louis. I have seen Cheveron stations but I don't think around here. They carry Millstone coffee at our store will try it. Everyone raves about this Starbucks. Can you buy it to make at home? I always see on tv that they get it to go. I wish.
Yes, the beans (can be ground for you) are available at all outlets. If you do not have a Starbucks, they are sometimes located in Safeway, albertsons, and other grocery stores.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:39 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
We use Yuban while at home
but, as you all know we live at Starbucks on Sunday mornings!!
Old 01-11-2005, 06:40 PM   #7
Hospitality Queen

okay, that's so weird - I had it in my head you were down this way in so. cal! (brain freeze...happens all the time)

As for Starbucks - yep, it's nice, but a lot of time it's more bitter than I prefer, and at almost $4 a cup, it's getting kind of expensive. Fortuanately, my favorite grocery store has a Starbucks in it, and every 7 cups you buy, your next one is free. Of course, that Starbucks in the same strip mall as another Starbucks, and there are 2 more within a mile. Do try Millstone, though - it's really a good choice, especially if you get a flavored one. (It's cuts the bitterness)
Old 01-12-2005, 11:35 AM   #8
Executive Chef

What kind of coffeemaker do you have? I have Braun and have it for almost 2 years. What kind of flavor do you prefer with Millstone? I have seen it as Sam's and lot of people buying it. norgeskog I am glad you gave me different choices. Have some idea what is good. Thanks.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:59 PM   #9
Master Chef

Gevalia is the only one for me . Any other brands seem to irritate my stomach, too acid.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:46 PM   #10
Executive Chef

Peet's! They have wonderful dark roasted beans, my favorite is Major Dickason Blend and French Roast. Luckily, my wonderful Father sends me care packages with my favorite Peet's beans!