Carbonated beverage preferences

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carbonated Beberage Preferences

• Brand name plain carbonated water (seltzer/club soda/sparkling water)

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Generic plain carbonated water

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Brand name flavored soft drink / pop

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Generic / store brand flavored soft drink

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • A semi-carbonated (like Orangina)

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Other?

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I buy San Pellegrino, in 1 litre plastic bottles, by the case. For working out at the gym, I buy Propel, usually grape, lemon, or berry flavoured. I refuse to buy plain bottled water. I can get that from my Brita pitcher a lot cheaper, with no CRV and no plastic bottles in the landfill worries.

Put a little vodka in with the tonic water, and it's not too sweet. Squeeze of lemon or lime, as well.
Just what I wanted - sugar and it isn't even making it sweet or better and alcohol when I asked for club soda to avoid alcohol. Nah, I'd rather drink tap water.

I often have Canada Dry club soda when others are drinking soda pop. I like carbonation, but not sweet. Works for me, sometimes I will drink tonic water if club soda isn't available. One summer DH and I were following the South Beach diet, so no alcohol was allowed, I packed 2 liter bottles of the unsweetened lightly fruit flavored carbonated water to all of the picnics, BBQ's etc. that we were invited to, it worked okay for the diet, and I like it, but it's no replacement for a beer, wine or cocktail ;-( especially when others are imbibing :).

I too miss Clearly Canadian. I only drink soda pop a few times a year, and my preference would be root beer, Fresca, or Squirt.

I dont drink many fizzy drinks on their own. I will use them as mixers though, for example a nice rum and coke, or a gin and tonic.

For bubbles I much prefer champagne and prosecco.

I'm not really a plonky, honest........

Sometimes I need a fix of Mountain Dew. I buy a 6-pack of the diet version, it lasts me a couple of weeks, and I'm done with it for a few months.

The tonic and soda confusion is funny because my husband likes a scotch and soda on occasion, but when we were on the road and he'd request it at a restaurant or bar, 99% of the time he'd get what he'd ordered. But there was that 1% that make you roll your eyes--scotch and coke a few times, scotch and tonic which is gross.

Sometimes I need a fix of Mountain Dew. I buy a 6-pack of the diet version, it lasts me a couple of weeks, and I'm done with it for a few months.

The tonic and soda confusion is funny because my husband likes a scotch and soda on occasion, but when we were on the road and he'd request it at a restaurant or bar, 99% of the time he'd get what he'd ordered. But there was that 1% that make you roll your eyes--scotch and coke a few times, scotch and tonic which is gross.
I absolutely hate Mountain Dew, but I have an apple dumpling recipe a friend gave me which uses 10 ounces of Mountain Dew. It is one of the best desserts I have ever had!

:LOL: I cleaned out the top of the pantry and there was an unopened sealed can of Raspberry diet rite. It only weighed 4 oz and it was a 12 oz can!!! It must have been up there for 10 years, saving it for a rainy day.:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I buy San Pellegrino, in 1 litre plastic bottles, by the case. For working out at the gym, I buy Propel, usually grape, lemon, or berry flavoured. I refuse to buy plain bottled water. I can get that from my Brita pitcher a lot cheaper, with no CRV and no plastic bottles in the landfill worries.

I'm a Brita fan as well. I have the pitcher & the tap attachment, since I'm a big water drinker. Kudos to you re plastic in landfills. Pretty soon plastic bags will be a thing of the past at the supermarket.

Back to carb beverages... IMHO, they pack on the weight. I bought Crystal Light to try, but it's been sitting in the pantry.

http://www.kraftbrands.com/crystallight/Pages/default.aspx#/home

Last edited:
I must admit, we drink a bit of San Pellegrino. 3-4 large bottles per day, sometimes more. Guess it is an addiction!:ohmy: Now, adult beverages are pretty much the gist of any soda/pop. Although I get a craving for Vernor's once in awhile. If I can find Birch Beer on tap, I'm there!:LOL:

Welcome to DC. I like ginger ale also, but for variety like to have some ginger beer watered down with sparkling water. Ginger ale also works great in a Presbyterian highball.
I like ginger beer as a mixer too. What is a Presbyterian highball?

I wonder how ginger beer would go with cranberry.

I like ginger beer as a mixer too. What is a Presbyterian highball?
I wonder how ginger beer would go with cranberry.
A tall (~10 - 12 ounce) drink with a few ice cubes.
I like a Presby made from ginger ale, seltzer, and a rye (like Seagrams V.O. or Canadian Club). Usually will quench one's thirst without getting looped. With ginger beer, I use 1/3 ginger beer and 2/3 seltzer; with ginger ale 50 -50 ale and seltzer.
And 2 ounces of hooch.

Last edited:
A tall (~10 - 12 ounce) drink with a few ice cubes.
I like a Presby made from ginger ale, seltzer, and a rye (like Seagrams V.O. or Canadian Club). Usually will quench one's thirst without getting looped. With ginger beer, I use 1/3 ginger beer and 2/3 seltzer; with ginger ale 50 -50 ale and seltzer.
And 2 ounces of hooch.
Now I wish I had some seltzer in the house. ;)

Ginger ale, ginger beer, Canada Dry is fine. Diet Mountain Dew. Cherry Coke Zero. Cheap seltzer with cranberry juice and Red Zinger tea.

Of course, Prosecco!

:LOL: I cleaned out the top of the pantry and there was an unopened sealed can of Raspberry diet rite. It only weighed 4 oz and it was a 12 oz can!!! It must have been up there for 10 years, saving it for a rainy day.:LOL::LOL::LOL:

It's bad when you hide it from yourself...

Coca Cola and Chinotto, which is an Italian carbonated beverage made with the fruit called Chinotto, of the family of oranges and co., which has a flavor slightly similar to Coca Cola.
But I can't buy them often because I'm an addicted and can drink a 2 liter bottle in a couple of hours... :(

Back
Top Bottom