Carbonated beverage preferences

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carbonated Beberage Preferences

• Brand name plain carbonated water (seltzer/club soda/sparkling water)

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Generic plain carbonated water

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Brand name flavored soft drink / pop

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Generic / store brand flavored soft drink

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • A semi-carbonated (like Orangina)

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Other?

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

justplainbill

Executive Chef
Certain flavors and brands of carbonated beverages seem to rarely go on sale.
Many off-brands do not seem to taste like the ‘real thing’.
Often a bottle of 2¢ plain costs as much as a bottle of flavored fizzy.
What’s your preference with respect to brand and flavor?
- Brand name plain carbonated water (seltzer/club soda/sparkling water)
- Generic plain carbonated water
- Brand name flavored soft drink / pop
- Generic / store brand flavored soft drink
- A semi-carbonated (like Orangina)
- Other?

Good Morning Justplainbill,
I always wanted to say, I really like reading your posts. You make such interesting things.

Carbonated beverages? Hmmmm. I have an A&W root beer about 2 times a year. I don't drink soda/pop--I don't like the carbonation in my throat and it makes me burp! :LOL: I'll have one, to be polite in a social occasion but I'm more of a coffee (one) or tea (one) or more likely a water drinker on any given day. (good old plain tap water)

Years ago, and I haven't seen it in a while, Diet Rite used to make a Raspberry soda, it was pretty good. I'd hoard all 5 cans in the top of the pantry for special occasions!

I have beer (that's carbonated, right?) in a cooler in the basement, from last July, cases of diet and regular soda in the dining room, this stuff will probably be there when I die and the kids have to clean out the house.

Good Morning Justplainbill,
I always wanted to say, I really like reading your posts. You make such interesting things.

Carbonated beverages? Hmmmm. I have an A&W root beer about 2 times a year. I don't drink soda/pop--I don't like the carbonation in my throat and it makes me burp! :LOL: I'll have one, to be polite in a social occasion but I'm more of a coffee (one) or tea (one) or more likely a water drinker on any given day. (good old plain tap water)

Years ago, and I haven't seen it in a while, Diet Rite used to make a Raspberry soda, it was pretty good. I'd hoard all 5 cans in the top of the pantry for special occasions!

I have beer (that's carbonated, right?) in a cooler in the basement, from last July, cases of diet and regular soda in the dining room, this stuff will probably be there when I die and the kids have to clean out the house.
Good morning Blissful,
Beer is carbonated, but normally not non-alcoholic. Some beers, like Pabst, have bubbles as big as the typical soda pop. Other beers (the one's I prefer) have much smaller bubbles and a nice head.
Guess your good tap water does not come from Lake Michigan?

Good morning Blissful,
Beer is carbonated, but normally not non-alcoholic. Some beers, like Pabst, have bubbles as big as the typical soda pop. Other beers (the one's I prefer) have much smaller bubbles and a nice head.
Guess your good tap water does not come from Lake Michigan?

Hi.
I don't like beer, just because it has bubbles, tastes fine though. Same with champagne! Sad isn't it?

My tap water comes from my well, in the ground next to the house. I'm used to it. There's also an artesian well about 5 miles from here, so if my water is out for whatever reason, I fill up gallon jugs at the artesian well.

Hi.
I don't like beer, just because it has bubbles, tastes fine though. Same with champagne! Sad isn't it?

My tap water comes from my well, in the ground next to the house. I'm used to it. There's also an artesian well about 5 miles from here, so if my water is out for whatever reason, I fill up gallon jugs at the artesian well.
Very interesting. Hope the iron and copper content in your water is not as high as some I've experienced in parts of Minnesota - Wisconsin - Michigan

Very interesting. Hope the iron and copper content in your water is not as high as some I've experienced in parts of Minnesota - Wisconsin - Michigan

Our iron content will leave everything red/orange if it wasn't run through the softener. With the softener, it's hardly noticeable. The only time I need different water is for canning.

So Bill, what are your carbonated beverage preferences? :)

Ginger ale, which is also good for upset tummy. I also like club soda with a squeeze of lemon juice. I don't drink either one very often - a few times a year. I used to enjoy Coca Cola 2-3 times a year, but I don't like the stuff with corn syrup, which is what we get here. I have been told that they sell the real stuff as kosher for Passover and keep meaning to pick some up, but I haven't remembered since I heard, about 10 years ago. It just isn't that high on my list.

Last edited:
Buongiorno Bill,

" Interesting Post. Cool idea."

Our sparkling water of choice is: San Pellegrino sparkling water.

From Italia: Prosecco, Lambrusco, Asti Spumante Sparkling Wines.

From Sant Sadurni di Anoia, Barcelona, The Iberian Peninsula: Juve y Camps Cava.

From France: Champagne.

Club Soda Brand: Schwepps is quite common in Madrid, though I prefer Canada Dry.

We do not care much for sugary soda pop. If in the USA, we might have a rootbeer float or a Cream Soda, Doctor Brown´s as we cannot purchase in Italia or Madrid Capital. However, this is a once in a blue moon, as they make me very thirsty.

Have a nice wkend.
Margi Cintrano.

Buongiorno Bill,

" Interesting Post. Cool idea."

Our sparkling water of choice is: San Pellegrino sparkling water.

From Italia: Prosecco, Lambrusco, Asti Spumante Sparkling Wines.

From Sant Sadurni di Anoia, Barcelona, The Iberian Peninsula: Juve y Camps Cava.

From France: Champagne.

Club Soda Brand: Schwepps is quite common in Madrid, though I prefer Canada Dry.

We do not care much for sugary soda pop. If in the USA, we might have a rootbeer float or a Cream Soda, Doctor Brown´s as we cannot purchase in Italia or Madrid Capital. However, this is a once in a blue moon, as they make me very thirsty.

Have a nice wkend.
Margi Cintrano.
Spumante's too sweet for me. San Pellegrino is quite nice. Used to enjoy Schweppes Tonic Water but it now tastes too sweet to me.

I drink 5 or 6 bottles of Heineken per year.

The same of Canada Dry or Schweppes diet ginger ale and diet tonic water.

Oh, and one root beer float per year!

I would like to find a brand of ginger ale similar to the old Schweppes before they fell in with Dr. Pepper/Snapple. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Last edited:
I love water, but it has to be non-carbonated. I like either spring water or our well water.

Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper is one of my favorite pops, along with diet A&W root beer, diet A&W cream soda, Cherry Coke Zero, and now and then diet Squirt.

Spumante's too sweet for me. San Pellegrino is quite nice. Used to enjoy Schweppes Tonic Water but it now tastes too sweet to me.
I hate it when someone gives me tonic water when I ask for club soda. The usual reaction is, "What's the difference?" or "It's the same thing." No it's not. Tonic is far too sweet.

I hate it when someone gives me tonic water when I ask for club soda. The usual reaction is, "What's the difference?" or "It's the same thing." No it's not. Tonic is far too sweet.

I find that a splash of gin and a squirt of lime cuts the sweetness. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Buongiorno Bill,

Spumantes and Lambrusco come in 3 types in Italia : Dry Brut, Dry, Semi sweet ... I like Dry Brut ... the dryest. Cavas also come in three or four types ... as Champagne does.

Tonic water: A good Gin & Tonic can be refreshing ... or Rum & Tonic or Vodka and Tonic.

San Pellegrino sparkling water is my all time fave ... I have tried numerous lovely Sardinian ones too on this last trip over in May, in Sardinia, however, most are not exported.

Have nice wkend.
Ciao, Margi.

Last edited:
I love water, but it has to be non-carbonated. I like either spring water or our well water.

Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper is one of my favorite pops, along with diet A&W root beer, diet A&W cream soda, Cherry Coke Zero, and now and then diet Squirt.
Do not know about SC, but cool-aid is popular in some eastern parts of NC to mask the local water's sulphury tang.

I will drink maybe one can of cola in a week. My wife keeps it around, the Coke clone in the local grocery brand. I probably drink more Schweppes Bitter Lemon (basically, tonic with lemon essence) than cola. (With certain fortifiers.) Orangina is very good, but rather expensive here.

I have beer once or twice a week. I'll also have sparkling wine every once in a while. That's about it, as far as carbonated drinks go. The last time I had soda pop was probably two years ago. The stuff is just way too sweet.

Other than wine, which I enjoy with dinner, most of the time I drink plain old water, or homemade iced tea during the summer months.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom