Coca Cola Blak...Have You Tried It?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mudbug said:
I believe you've hit on the only possible use for this stuff that I can imagine, brickman!

Actually, it makes a FABULOUS float with vanilla ice cream. :wub: I want to try it with coffee-flavored ice cream some time in the future. I think a marinade is also a really great idea.

I tried this a while ago, and I thought it was really tasty. Too bad it's so expensive! I definitely recommend trying it over ice cream before you make final judgements!

240brickman said:
Very different. Very corn-syrupy (as opposed to sugary), with a bit of an odd caramel aftertaste...

I tried it a while back & really liked it. I was thinking it had a chocolaty aftertaste, but brickman, you are correct, it was an odd caramel taste. Beause of the price, it'll be a special treat once in a while.

it's not bad

The coffee flavour actually compliments the cola flavour. It has to be very cold in order for it to actually taste crisp. I could easily see mixing it with vanilla vodka for a new type of black russian.

I got to try it for free because my coke vendor brought me samples. I've seen it in the supermarket for five bucks for a 4 pack.

gosh, coke makes so many mistakes but still rakes in the $. Black coke sounds terrifying and I wouldn't trust it.
:dizzy:
The black Russian thingy sounds like a winner tho'. Thanks VeraBlue!
:-p

Last edited:
rdcast said:
Black coke sounds terrifying and I wouldn't trust it.
There is no reason to be terrified unless you have an exceptionally closed mind. Try opening your mind to new ideas. Black Coke sure is not going to kill you. It won't even hurt you. At most you may just not like it, but you will never know unless you open your mind to new things.

GB said:
There is no reason to be terrified unless you have an exceptionally closed mind. Try opening your mind to new ideas. Black Coke sure is not going to kill you. It won't even hurt you. At most you may just not like it, but you will never know unless you open your mind to new things.

:ROFLMAO:nah

But I will be mixing my brandy with it for the fun of it. Coke has disappointed me too many times in the past but we drink Diet Coke around here like it was water to the detriment of our kidneys.

an acquired taste

I'll admit the first bottle I tried was tough, and the strange part was that it tasted oddly familiar to me. Gave it a second chance and ended up liking the flavor...and I appreciate Coca Cola Company trying something totally unique. Found coupons for $0.60 cents off and when Safeway "doubled" the coupon, I scored a bottle of Blak for about $0.70 cents. :ROFLMAO:

i actually liked it. i love coke, and i love coffee, and as skeptical as i was at first, it turned out to be a pretty good beverage. just...don't try making it at home. you get hot, flat coke. not good eats.

Why don't you just find three other people who also want to try it, and all chip in for one 4 pack.

Just don't stand too close to each other when you try it. You don't want any of that on your shoes!

this reminded me I have Monin Expresso syrup, so I mixed 2 teaspoons of the syrup with the coca cola.. not bad at all. I didn't want to overwhelm the cola with the expresso, I can taste it but it is not overpowering.

Back
Top Bottom