CocaCola Float

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
3 tbsp (1env) milk chocolate hot cocoa mix
1 cup hot milk
2 cups coke
8 large scoops of vanilla ice cream

place cocoa mix in heat proof cup. Stir in milk till mix is dissolved. Cool slightly. Stir in coke. Place 2 scoops each in 4 tall glasses. Top with cola mixture.

Never saw a float with milk and coke. When we were kids, we put the scoop of vanilla into a tall glass and then just poured coke over it. I always loved the way the ice cream and soda created this strange, coke-y smelling foam.

...and then for Mom & Dad, a couple shots of Vodka!!! Love to add Vodka to Rootbeer floats!!! Along with a little chocolate syrup..... ;)

I'd never heard of milk or cocoa powder in a float either. I might have to give this one a try! I bet it adds a little something special!

And if not, I'll just take the vodka suggestion...hehe.

Vodka suggesstions are usually good suggesstions.

I'd heard of the cocoa powder and milk, but I'd never heard that thwe milk should be hot, and that's probably why my coke floats seem off compared to ones I've had in restaraunts. Thanks, I'll definitely give that a try.

Milk in with a float is an egg creme, I think, although the carbonated part is usually just soda water.

Can anyone second this?

Edy's Root Beer Float Ice Cream

I have to go to the store seems like everyday due to family needs. When they request ice cream, I try to notice ones with NO calories? Sure. Well, yest erday I picked up Limited Edition of Edy's Root Beer Float flavored ice cream. Sampled spoonful and sure does taste like it. Did surprise me. This way I didn't have to buy root beer just dish out in bowl. I don't think this brand is limited to my area alone so some of you may have chance to try it.

cjs said:
...and then for Mom & Dad, a couple shots of Vodka!!! Love to add Vodka to Rootbeer floats!!! Along with a little chocolate syrup..... ;)
I still love rootbeer floats! also good with some Kahlua in them..... :)

Ayrton said:
Milk in with a float is an egg creme, I think, although the carbonated part is usually just soda water.

Can anyone second this?
An egg cream does not have any ice cream. It is basically just chocolate mile with soda water. A traditional egg cream uses Fox's chocolate syrup. There is also a certain technique in how you assemble it.

Yeah... I wondered why there was milk in it at all, let alone HOT milk..... I've never thought abou milk as an ingredient (in any form) for a coke or rootbeer float.

And GB is right... there is NO cream in an egg cream. Just chocolate syrup and charged water. It's all in the technique. :)

AriesGirl - this sounds GREAT! We used to put chocolate syrup in our coke all thle time when I was little. It sounds like it would be really smooth, creamy, and yummy! As far as the warm chocolate milk it sounds good. It's the same concept of when we would eat cobbler, or turnovers. We would put it in a bowl and pour milk over it. The warm with the cold was the best part!

I'll have to send this recipe to my son at college - he'll love it!

Thanks for posting it.

Ayrton said:

Can anyone second this?

An egg cream is made with milk, seltzer and chocolate syrup. Preferably, serve it with pastrami on rye with mustard.

ChefJune said:
Yeah... I wondered why there was milk in it at all, let alone HOT milk..... I've never thought abou milk as an ingredient (in any form) for a coke or rootbeer float.

And GB is right... there is NO cream in an egg cream. Just chocolate syrup and charged water. It's all in the technique. :)

There is milk in it, as well as the Fox's syrup and seltzer.

In the Kitchen said:
...yesterday I picked up Limited Edition of Edy's Root Beer Float flavored ice cream...I don't think this brand is limited to my area alone so some of you may have chance to try it.

In the west, Edy's is sold under the Dryer's label.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom