Coffee Addict

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Banana Brain said:
I don't like Torani White Chocolate sauce in my coffee, because it tastes more like just sugary sweetness to me than actual white chocolate. If I want a white mocha, I'll definatly use the powder stuff.
Do you mean you tried the butter or something else? You didn't try butter but not milk, did you?

To me the Torani has a coconut taste to it, but hubby loves it and has it every stinkin' morning!

Yes, I had the butter with no milk, I added sugar and the Torani. I had to run up the street to get the milk but surely can't do that without my morning coffee!

Now today I'm drinking it...coffee, butter, sugar and milk. It's really good! The only thing I DON'T like is the greasy feeling it leaves on my lips!

Angie said:
To me the Torani has a coconut taste to it, but hubby loves it and has it every stinkin' morning!

Yes, I had the butter with no milk, I added sugar and the Torani. I had to run up the street to get the milk but surely can't do that without my morning coffee!

Now today I'm drinking it...coffee, butter, sugar and milk. It's really good! The only thing I DON'T like is the greasy feeling it leaves on my lips!
I'm glad you like it! I decided to try it one day after having a drink from starbucks that promiced to have a "butter cinnamon" flavor that in fact had no butter flavor at all. I agree about the greasiness, but it doesn't seem that gross because milkfat is milkfat: it isn't any different from putting cream in coffee. They should really come out with a genuine butter falvored syrup.

So this morning in my coffee I tried something inspired by the show "everyday Italian" that I watched yesterday and put two tablespoons of cocoa powder, a little sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and some red pepper in my coffee and cooked it on the stovetop. I added three sprinkles of red pepper which turned out to be WAY to much. It burned my throat a little, which wasn't so bad, but it also made it hard to taste the actually coffee/chocolate. I tried blocking the red pepper taste out and it would have been really good if I hadn't added it. Overpowered all the other flavors though, which sucked. And I also whish I would have nixed the ginger. Oh well.

My coffe this morning: Homade hazelnut latte and coconut mocha (I had two cups). For the coconut mocha I used artificial coconut flavoring.

Banana Brain said:
To coffee in general or the taste of the combo?

The whole dang thing! I'm trying to cut calories and now you've got me ADDING THEM!!!!:LOL:

Hello, I'm cam and I'm a coffee addict too.
(pause for the "Hello cam"..LOL)

Now I have to go make a pot of coffee..... we dont have butter but I wonder if "Smart Balance" would do the trick HA!

I am very intrigued now.. I need to go experiment...

Thanks for the great coffee ideas!

cam

ok, just wanted to update you on my experiment... I didnt have any non flavored coffees in the house, so i used "Vermont Maple" and I did have some non salted (real) butter, and i used one teaspoon. with sugar and half and half. and OMG!!! This was like coffee you drink when you eat one of those heart attack breakfasts (bacon, eggs, pancakes with butter and syrup).... I might use a little more butter next time but only because I have a HUGE coffee cup...
Thanks to whomever posted this wonderful idea!

cam

Angie said:
The whole dang thing! I'm trying to cut calories and now you've got me ADDING THEM!!!!:LOL:
Hehe, sorry about that. If you want to switch to a low-calorie, but still pretty good cup o joe, I suggest you try torani sugar-free hazelnut syrup and Swiss Miss diet fat-free hot cocoa (only twenty-five cals a pack, both a creamer and a flavorer).

mint-mocha latte, for one person.
combine 1/4 cup of water, 1/4 cup sugar, and 5 mint leaves. let it reduce until you've got about half of what you started with. then, strain out the mint leaves.

next, make 1/4 cup of hot chocolate and 3/4 cup of espresso (or drip coffee, but espresso is better). finally combine all the ingredients.

(optional) garnish with whipped cream and mint leaves. this can be served hot (my preference) or iced.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/african-recipes-16376-2.html

This is Jikoni's post

2nd Last post on the page..i want to make this tonight!!!

"Zanzibar Coffee
Having spoken of Zanzibar, I thought I might give you a taste of Zanzibar. Something hot to keep you warm in the winter.

3 cups water, 3 cracked cardamon pods,3 cloves 6 tsps freshly ground coffee, half tsp freshly ground ginger, half tsp ground nutmeg.Boil water with cardamon pods, add coffee and boil for a further 5 mins, then add the rest of the spices and serve piping hot. Sieve before serving."

Back
Top Bottom