Coffee Addict

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chocojun

Assistant Cook
I love coffee.. lately I've been drinking like 2 cups of espresso a day.. I'm looking for a recipe for some good hot coffee using espresso. Like a latte but I dunno.. spiced up a bit. I sometimes put cinnamon in my latte but does anyone here put anything special in theirs? I'm looking for ideas to change it up a bit

Do you use an espresso machine, or are you brewing espresso roast in your coffeemaker? If the latter, you can try putting items into your ground roast before brewing, such as a bit of vanilla or almond extract, or perhaps blending one of those with a drop of orange oil. Another idea, is if you aren't using a cap machine, warm your milk on the stovetop till just before boiling, and when you take it off the stove, add some chocolate syrup, & add to your espresso to make a nice mocha.
Another idea: add some fresh crushed peppermint leaves to your ground roast before brewing. Grab some cool whip, mix in 1 drop of peppermint extract, and use it to top your coffee. Follow by putting another fresh (but uncrushed!) leaf of peppermint on top. Pretty!

I'm using an espresso machine. How does the peppermint taste? That one's interesting. Do you think adding pumpkin spice is a bit strange?

Adding pumpkin spice is NEVER strange! It is delightful!!
Can you imagine how delicious it would be served with a slice of pumpkin pie?!

As for the mint, I like it a lot! Just make sure to use peppermint leaves, rather than spearmint leaves. Best thing is, right now herbs are quite cheap - even wal-mart has the little 4" pots of them. Another idea is to use leaves from chocolate mint. I picked up a few pots of those last week and they are so neat!

I am a coffee addict as well. We have an espresso machine and hubby makes a white chocolate mocha every morning, with Torani white chocolate sauce.

My personal fave is an iced caramel mocha.

Angie said:
Starbucks....drool....

Hi Angie. :)

"Oh Mish...those cookies sound delicious......"

Thank you. I must give them a try. YUMMO!

Last edited:
I'm sending hubby to the grocery store to get some stuff...and of course, it has a Starbucks in it....I might have to make him pick up some of the choc. covered beans...I love those.

Things I put into my coffee (NOT all at once): Almold extract, cocoa powder, honey, sugar (obviously), Torani syrup and sauce, nutmeg, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla extract, peppermint extract, orange rinds, and believe it or not, butter. I really love butter with lots of milk and sugar maybe some other spice in my coffee (but NOT buttermilk in my coffee).

Banana Brain said:
Things I put into my coffee (NOT all at once): Almold extract, cocoa powder, honey, sugar (obviously), Torani syrup and sauce, nutmeg, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla extract, peppermint extract, orange rinds, and believe it or not, butter. I really love butter with lots of milk and sugar maybe some other spice in my coffee (but NOT buttermilk in my coffee).

Butter in coffee? I've never heard of that. I might have to try that in the morning!

Butter in coffee, wow that is an interesting thought. My initial reaction was :sick: , but as I thought of it more it actually does sound kind of interesting. I am still not convinced it would not be :sick: but it is at least worth a shot.

Sounds like a good tanning cocoa-butter lotion -- Copper butter. Probably makes you smell good, but I wouldn't want to drink it.

Last edited:
I did try it....and it was interesting. We were out of milk and I couldn't run up to the store without my morning coffee so I cheated and put some Torani white chocolate sauce in it.

Very interesting....I might have to try it again tomorrow with milk and sugar.

Angie said:
I did try it....and it was interesting. We were out of milk and I couldn't run up to the store without my morning coffee so I cheated and put some Torani white chocolate sauce in it.

Very interesting....I might have to try it again tomorrow with milk and sugar.
I don't like Torani White Chocolate sauce in my coffee, because it tastes more like just sugary sweetness to me than actual white chocolate. If I want a white mocha, I'll definatly use the powder stuff.
Do you mean you tried the butter or something else? You didn't try butter but not milk, did you?

Back
Top Bottom