Coffee questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The same could be said of many foods though. Who was the first to look at a lobster and think yum? What about snails or leeche nuts or chicken eggs? All of these things would seem disgusting to people who do not know about them.

The same could be said of many foods though. Who was the first to look at a lobster and think yum? What about snails or leeche nuts or chicken eggs? All of these things would seem disgusting to people who do not know about them.

What about fugu? After a couple of people died horrible deaths after eating it, what possessed some person to say to himself, "I'll bet this fish is super tasty if I can only find a way to keep it from poisoning me. Maybe it will be OK if I smoke it first. Hey, honey try this and tell me what you think."

Geeze, I just love this place.:ROFLMAO:

Mollyanne.......I'm heading out to TJmax. Thanks for the tip!!
Kona coffee is only surpassed by "Blue Mountain Jamaican." in my opinion.

Anyone use the Kuerig brewer? My boss at work had one at home so he bought one for his office too. Then he bought a third one. For traveling. Yeah, he said hotel coffee sucks.

I was first introduced to Kona coffee many moons ago by a friend who, everytime she would return from Hawaii, would bring me some. How can you resist this description:

"Overlooking the vast blue-green Pacific Ocean in the rich volcanic soils of Kona...we nurture each third generation coffee tree. Grown on Mauna Loa's mountain slopes, bathed in crystalline water, cooled by the warm Pacific trade winds. This is nature's perfect cradle for these superior coffee trees to flourish. These sun-ripened coffee cherries are hand picked, expertly graded and roasted in small batches to insure the highest possible quality."

I'll take 3 bags, please!!! :)

Dave and Kayelle and nikki...ya'll are in luck...
on occasion, I have seen
"Blue Mountain Jamaican" coffee at
TJMaxx also...$6.99 for 1 lb. :punk:
(Kona blend is there on a regular basis)

vagriller...I've never experienced Kuerig but I
somehow know it has an excellent reputation.
Tell that boss of yours to take his out
of "his office"and share!

Dave and Kayelle and nikki...ya'll are in luck...
on occasion, I have seen
"Blue Mountain Jamaican" coffee at
TJMaxx also...$6.99 for 1 lb. :punk:
(Kona blend is there on a regular basis)

vagriller...I've never experienced Kuerig but I
somehow know it has an excellent reputation.
Tell that boss of yours to take his out
of "his office"and share!
Both the Kona and Jamicia Blue Mountain at TJ MaXX are blends. This can be anything as long as it contains at least some of the advertised coffee.

Having said that, the TX Maxx coffees are pretty good.

Both the Kona and Jamicia Blue Mountain at TJ MaXX are blends. This can be anything as long as it contains at least some of the advertised coffee.

Having said that, the TX Maxx coffees are pretty good.

We have Marshall's here, TJ Maxx's sibling store. I've tried some of their coffees but I have not seen Kona or Blue Mountain there...yet. I'll keep my eye's open.

Then there's always Kopi Luwak coffee, for a real taste treat!! :wacko:

Haha isn't that the coffee Jack Nicholson drank in the bucketlist??? As far as my favorite coffee it is jamaican blue mountain... Haven't been there in years, but I use to go 2-3 times a year, and bring home oodles of bags of beans... It is superb coffee, but very expensive in the states...

Anyone in DC living in Jamaica??? ;):);)

Has anyone ever heard of putting salt in the coffee gounds before brewing? Is it a southern thing? I just read that southerners do this but they didn't say anything else about it. I never heard this before. Sounds dreadful but perhaps there's something magical about it. It must be about bringing out the flavor?

Maybe I should do it and that might answer my question. :cool:

Nothing like adding something else unhealthy in there. I already add Vanilla International Creamer.

Has anyone ever heard of putting salt in the coffee gounds before brewing? Is it a southern thing? I just read that southerners do this but they didn't say anything else about it. I never heard this before. Sounds dreadful but perhaps there's something magical about it. It must be about bringing out the flavor?

Maybe I should do it and that might answer my question. :cool:

Nothing like adding something else unhealthy in there. I already add Vanilla International Creamer.

It's not just a southern thing, it's suppose to remove the bitter taste... Never tried it so I don't know...

If you like the vanilla creamer Mollyanne, try adding a little vanilla to your coffee grounds before brewing... It's less fattening... :LOL:

It's not just a southern thing, it's suppose to remove the bitter taste...

Yes, It's not just a southern thing. My dad's northern Illinois farm family did it, and they do it in the military in many cases. That comes from using the cheap Robusto beans... and yes, it does work... sort of... but it doesn't take much. Just a pinch (half the volumn of a pea) sprinkled on top of the grounds of a normal 8 cup percolator (another ancient kitchen toy - :LOL:).

Egg shells are another "bitter tasting" remedy.

Thank you. Good to know. I'd try it right now if I hadn't just had 3 cups of coffee (i never have that much....what was i thinking???...no wonder i'm jouncing one knee up and down...i never do that either :LOL:)

Thank you. Good to know. I'd try it right now if I hadn't just had 3 cups of coffee (i never have that much....what was i thinking???...no wonder i'm jouncing one knee up and down...i never do that either :LOL:)

You were thinking you'd have the answer to your question way before coffee time... Ahhh those late sleepers... :ROFLMAO:

of a normal 8 cup percolator (another ancient kitchen toy - :LOL:).

There is nothing quite perc'd coffee made with spring water from a well. We used to have the every weekend in the summers up at the lake.. back when I was young. Ah... memories.... :)

There is nothing quite perc'd coffee made with spring water from a well. We used to have the every weekend in the summers up at the lake.. back when I was young. Ah... memories.... :)

Scientific studies have shown that people who drink perked coffee made with spring water from a well are 73.7% more likely to leave words out of posts on the Discuss Cooking website. :ROFLMAO:

PS: I'll bet it was delicious. The quality of the water definitely makes a difference.

Scientific studies have shown that people who drink perked coffee made with spring water from a well are 73.7% more likely to leave words out of posts on the Discuss Cooking website. :ROFLMAO:

PS: I'll bet it was delicious. The quality of the water definitely makes a difference.

:clap::clap::clap:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom