Coke or Pepsi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coke or Pepsi?

• Coke

Votes: 61 64.2%
  • Pepsi

Votes: 34 35.8%

• Total voters
Is Taco Bell still a Pepsi only place? It used to be they didn’t serve any Coke products.....is it still that way?
Yes, still Pepsi products. I just wish restaurants would start offering more choices in diet drinks. I am pretty much limited to either diet Coke or diet Pepsi when we eat out. Some are now offering diet Dr. Pepper in addition to cola. KFC only has caffeine-free diet Pepsi.

When I drank regular soft drinks, I preferred regular Pepsi to Coke. I hated diet drinks and couldn't drink them. When I was diagnosed with diabetes, my tastes changed immediately and I suddenly loved diet pops and don't like regular! I know that is a mind thing, but thank goodness it happened. Now that I drink diet, I much prefer Coke to Pepsi. I am not supposed to have a lot of caffeine (kidney stones), and I love diet A&W rootbeer so I drink that quite a bit (and sometimes diet orange or Sprite Zero). I love diet Cherry Coke and diet Cherry Pepsi best, when it comes to colas, and I like diet Lime Coke now and then. Plus, I drink a ton of water and lemonade (with Splenda). I'm supposed to drink lemonade every day (urologist's orders) but can't always afford it.

:)Barbara

coke or pepsi?

Neither. At least for drinking. However,they both make a great base for marinades. The composition of both of them start a tenderization process and they both go well with most of the spices I have tried with them. I have used this little trick on many different types of meat and we have loved how the flavors and textures come out.
Thanks for the chance to get that tip out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
img_484482_0_b67f97ba4d07a48783b8f0cef45fa9b9.gif

Coca Cola is the number 1 selling cola everywhere in the United States, except in Western New York. Don't ask me why, I don't know.

About 8-10 years ago, as a stockholder, I received a Coke annual report.

The back cover had this statement:

A billion months ago, diansaurs roamed the earth

A billion seconds ago, the Beatles were taking America by storm.

A billion Cokes ago, was yesterday.

I need to add further that it's diet coke, glass filled to the top with ice and must be fountain soda. And I have to fill it myself not order it. Silly huh?

Neither. At least for drinking. However,they both make a great base for marinades. The composition of both of them start a tenderization process and they both go well with most of the spices I have tried with them. I have used this little trick on many different types of meat and we have loved how the flavors and textures come out.
Thanks for the chance to get that tip out there.
Please feel free to visit me at therealisticcook.com. It's a work in progress and we look forward to your input.
Yes they are. I use them regularly in some of my recipes.

For those of you with classic cars, they are both great for taking the rust off chrome bumpers
The Myth Busters did an episode on this and if I am not mistaken they found the soda really didn't do anything.

Okay, y'all. I do have to admit that I WILL consume one of Coke's products...Coke Zero Cherry Coke. I discovered it about a month ago and it's really pretty good, for Coke.:rolleyes: What I like is the intense "cherry" flavor. Very much like an old-fashioned cherry Coke. So, okay, I'm crossing over...a little bit.:)

I like Coke. I used to be a Pepsi drinker but gradually got into the habit of drinking Coke. Pepsi is too sweet. I mostly drink Coke but do drink a little caffeine-free Coke or diet caffeine Coke. Don't want anything with asparatime in it which is why I hardly drink the diet. I prefer to drink regular Coke even though I'm not suppose to. Even though I'm newly diabetic, I still drink regular Coke but a lot less of it...just an occasional small glass/half a can of it.

Darlene

Pepsi is all we had in Soviet Union when I was growing up, so I am used to it. So I like it. But actualy neither one of them would me my first, or even second choice. As the matter of fact they would be on the very bottom of the list.

I don't drink either one really. My drink is Diet Sunkist, but, when the convenient store doesn't have it, I grab Diet Coke.

Forty plus years ago, when I worked in a commissary, we used to sip straight Coke syrup (concentrate). Today, with the ever growing threat of the diabetes epidemic, I drink Coke cut half and half with seltzer water or (on special occasions) Barbados Rum.

Back
Top Bottom