Cream and coffee come out same time from machine??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chueh

Senior Cook
Is a shot of coffee, whether macchiato, cappuccino, latte, mixed with cream/milk in the espresso coffee maker already and then foam milk added on top later separately??? Why is the coffee looking brown already if cream isn't mixed in the machine already? And why is coffee looking so thick coming out of the machine and slightly foamy, even without the foam milk being added yet?

It's called a "creama" it's created from making the espresso under pressure. It gets some air forced into it which gives it a creamy appearance. The drinks start with espresso ground coffee and hot water is forced through it, there is no dairy added until after the espresso has brewed, the amount depends on the drink.

Ok.. Thanks for the reply. What kind of machines or brewing methods would produce this kind of creamy thick brownish texture espresso? Is espresso maker is only type? I have used a stove top percolator, it never produce enough pressure to do the same

Its mostly from high pressure drip coffee machines, but various machine to machine, depending on the engineering that has been used to make it. It never happens with a percolator

I have never seen crema when I make drip coffee, a few small bubbles, but no crema. I make espressos with an espresso machine every day. I get a nice crema. If I don't fill the coffee grounds container all the way full, I get less or no crema.

I'm trying to remember if I get crema when I make espresso in a stove top mocha maker. I think there is a little bit sometimes, but I can't remember for sure. I don't use it often.

I have two coffee machines that produce crema when brewing coffee. One is the Krups KP1010 Home Cafe Single Serve Coffee Machine.

415KRY821BL.jpg

The other is the Senseo 7810 Single-Serve Gourmet Coffee Machine.

41w4w2VNraL.jpg

They both use coffee pods and they are both discontinued, but Senseo still makes and sells the pods and a few companies still have one or two Senseos available at ridiculous prices from $200.00 to $400.00 American. I bought mine for $15.00 from Senseo on close-out. I wish I had purchased two.

If you really want one of either of those machines you can check out the thrift stores.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom