Do you know what's Really in your Tea??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Read your labels, trust them. I wonder how many subscriptions she sold with that blog. "Food Babe" is not an expert in anything but blogging.

Read your labels, trust them. I wonder how many subscriptions she sold with that blog. "Food Babe" is not an expert in anything but blogging.

Before I say anything, a lot of the information that The Babe has presented is true.

Is it all? That would take hours/days to research. But I found it a bit strange that, on her web site and under Investigations these were all Babe quoting Babe. I do wish she had put the actual citations of valid research there to back up her 'investigations'---- it would have given an aura of authenticity to her site.

She's an entrepreneur. And she's very good (at her) PR work. And she also gives discounts for items that 'she's approved' by entering her name at time of purchase. Hmmmm.
I'm also pretty sure that each time someone clicks on a product 'just to see' she will get a few pennies through AdClick. Lemme see---- I think I paid her at least 50 cents today by clicking on various items. LOL

Entrepreneurs know how to play the Internet and the Easily Swayed. There are web sites out there that instruct people how to do that.

They're also very good at getting pictured next to 'celebrities' or such. I've seen that happen (different venue) a lot: They just rush up to stand next to the famous one who wouldn't be so rude as to push them away.

I hope that Rocket Dawg isn't offended by my critique of the site he posted. As I say, a lot of that information is true and I thank him for that. I mean absolutely no disrespect to him or his intentions.

Well, I've drunk tea all my life (prefer it loose to teabags but needs must sometimes), Strong "black" tea with only a hint of milk, no sugar and none of those namby-pamby flavours (mango flavoured tea? - why?) and 8-10 cups a day. I'm probably so tanned inside that the nasties can't penetrate. Anyway in 3 weeks I will be officially an old woman and on borrowed time (according to my new doctor). WTH. I shall continue living dangerously.

Glaucus is a financial/investment watchdog group. I have to wonder where they get their information from.

Further reading shows that Glaucus had a significant financial benefit to be realized if the price of Tevana stock dropped significantly.

Starbucks purchased Teavana for about a quarter of a billion dollars and plans to open a bunch of tea houses across the country. I have no proof but I think Starbucks did a thorough investigation before spending that kind of money.

I think I'll reserve judgement until an objective and qualified opinion can be provided.

When I'm searching for research-based information on health and food topics, I use Google advanced search to restrict the results to government or university sites, like this:

site:*.edu

site:*.gov

I'm pretty skeptical of sites that don't describe the writer's credentials and that try to sell me something or make money based on my viewing their pages.

I had similar doubts about that article, but I hadn't really thought about reading the ingredients on tea. Like MC, I don't drink flavoured tea, unless you count Earl Grey as flavoured. ;)

I agree. You really have to be careful where you search for information.

I get a lot of good info from the Mayo Clinic site. Including food related topics.

I don't drink flavored teas, either. I'm really not concerned by the miniscule amounts being reported. I bet I breathe more (unwanted chemicals) in with each breath than there is in the tea.

Back
Top Bottom