Do you put milk in your tea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you put milk in your tea?

• Total voters
Not a big tea drinker (or coffee for that matter either) but grew up having milk in my tea when I had it. Now I have to have my tea black, sweet, strong and hot. Like Caine, green tea hot and plain.

I have been drinking tea with milk and sugar since I was about 5 years old. I start every day with a cup of English breakfast tea with milk and 2 lumps of sugar. I will occasionally drink herbal tea with honey (no milk).

Certain teas blend quite nicely with milk, while others won't. I have a wonderful blueberry white blend that couldn't possibly hold up to milk. The flavours are too subtle. Black teas, on the other hand, are perfect with milk.

If we are talking tea as in the everyday "Rosie Lee" drink we have over here in England then yes absolutley, I love strong tea, but milky, I take half a teaspoon of sugar too! However if we are talking herbal teas then no.

If one is English or Canadian, I would certainly say "yes!!!".....in fact, the correct way of doing it, after your tea has steeped for minutes in the teapot, put the milk in your cup first, then pour your tea. It's always lovely of course, to have it in a real china cup!!!

Like so many others before me, depend on what type of tea I am drinking. Some yes, some no.

Nope, no milk. Most times in fact I don't add anything to the tea if it is served hot. Cold tea I add sugar and lemon to. Also love sweet tea.
The MIL is British, and I don't think we ever saw eye to eye on tea. This also reminds me of the 'Who wants to be a Princess' series where they all 'flunked' Tea Making 101, and then after being taught had to serve it to real Royalty. They all did miserably, and one Prince commented about having tea leaves in his teeth now. Pretty funny stuff I thought.

No way. My tea is only honey and lemon (and a shot of whiskey if it's bed time) simply because the only time I'm willing to drink hot tea is when I'm sick and then it's for my throat.

My mom said my grandmother did. It never sounded good to me. I might try it some day. I like sugar in mine (hot or iced), but I use [store brand] Splenda now. Okay, I cheat and use sugar sometimes too, but I'm trying to be good! Around here everyone drinks iced tea. I only know one person here who drinks hot tea and she is from California, as I am. They look at us a little funny if we mention hot tea. :rolleyes:

:)Barbara

Negative. No milk for me, GB. It's funny, because your story (and question) are very similar to my own.

Have thought about but have not tried.

The tea that I drink, though, would not benefit from it I don't think. I am a Japanese Green drinker ( genmaicha, etc)

I had to answer no to this, also, but I only drink iced tea.....
I would think putting milk in tea would parallel putting it in coffee... to soften the taste a bit. When I was a kid I had hot tea and always had milk with it.

No Milk, no Sugar. Plain straight up here. Even Chai I drink straight. In College when I worked in the cafeteria the iced tea dispenser was on the serving line. The sugar was on the tables and the spoons were way out by the door and I was too lazy to take the steps to sugar the tea. During cleanup the milk machine was locked so I never got into the habit of adulterating my tea. Same with coffee.

Good thing too as in later life I discovered that milk and I are mutually exclusive. No bad habits to break there.

Depends on the type of tea. If it's herbal or green tea then no. If it is orange pekoe then yes.

I adore tea, but only a bit of honey or raw sugar and maybe citrus with the black varietals. Strangely enough, I prefer my coffee very light, go figure!

"Do your put milk in your tea?

"Want some whiskey in your water, sugar in your tea? What's all these crazy questions your asking me? This is the craziest party that could ever be. Don't turn on the lights, 'cause I don't wanna see.

Mama told me not to come...":LOL: Written and performed by "Three Dog Night" from the album "Harmony".

I'm old!:ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom