Does coffee go bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
really do you want to know what rattling around in there?????

I think the mods are all hanging out around the coffee pot trying to decide what to do with us, and whether or not the coffee is too old to drink...

I nuked yesterdays coffee today because I forgot to set it up last night:mad:... oh **** straight I'm on a timer:rolleyes:... I cant even get in the shower without the juice....! sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to get by.... I'm still alive.

.. I might mention my stomach lining is made of steel:pig:

if my coffee in the insulated pot gets over 3 hours old i gotta put flavored creamer stuff in it. then its tolerable. Otherwise black and STRONG!!!!!

I always take mine strong with some sugar. I am often told I make the strongest coffee amongst my friends. I grind my own, and grind it to powder (Turkish setting), and grind about 1/2 cup for 8 cups water.

I've never been able to drink leftover coffee. If I didn't dump it after I'd had enough, I've most likely also forgotten to turn the heating plate OFF, so all I have left is coffee flavored candy in the bottom of the pot. I fixed that problem by acquiring a Krups Home Cafe Pod Brewing Machine (two actually, one for work, one for home) and now I make all my coffee one cup at a time.

Oh yeah, the warming plate is a very bad thing. I never use it. I put my coffee into an airpot the minute it's brewed. Of course, after about 6 hours, it needs a little warming but at least it's not coffee flavored shellac in the bottom of the pot!

I just turn the coffee pot off once its done brewing. I need to get myself one of those nice thermoses to hold it in.
I wonder if there is a use for the 'shellac' on the bottom as a marinade or something in a recipe, LOL.

I just turn the coffee pot off once its done brewing. I need to get myself one of those nice thermoses to hold it in.
I wonder if there is a use for the 'shellac' on the bottom as a marinade or something in a recipe, LOL.
Hey, I never thought of that!:)

You can find an airpot pretty much anywhere. I got mine at a restaurant supply place. I got the stainless steel liner version since things get dropped a lot around here. It was about $32 as I recall.

That is what I need. I had a nice pump one but it had a glass liner of some sort and one day it just shattered on us.

Coffee Time Again

Tried to get on Discuss Cooking....got a blank white screen with im here in the upper left corner. Goggle Discuss Cooking and listed were threads. I clicked on coffee thread...GOT TO SITE.

The morning coffee left in a glass pot. When I return late afternoon...pour the coffee in my cup...micro ...it is delicious. I drink my coffee BLACK.

NOW if you really don't like it....save and water your acid loving plants...good for them too. Aria

Can't get on...Moderator in sight?

Tried to get on ... still get a blank white screen with "im here" in the upper left corner.

I got on again by Google, click on Coffee Tread and on.

Got a friend request from appletart. Ok. Now what? Anyone please notify moderator. HELP. appletart can you help? Thanks Aria

Ick! I usually make exactly 2 cups of coffee in the morning as I don't care for stale coffee. I don't like to waste it as it's quite expensive. If I need another caffeine boost in the p.m., I make an exact cup again. When we have company over, I'll make the 12 cups but then my coffee maker goes nuts! LoL It starts leaking and pouring coffee from every which way telling me it can't handle all that much.

I have two coffee makers. One is a Gevalia 12 cup makes great coffee and handles all 12 cups nicely. Don't use it that much, mostly on her days off when she is around to have more than one mug, and when I do I usually don't make more than 8 cups at a time. Each of our mugs holds 2 cups so that give each of us two mugs worth, usually more than enough.
On days where the wife works, she won't be back for a second mug, so we have another Gevalia coffee maker. This one you place a mug on each side of it, put ground coffee and a filter over each mug, and pour the water in the middle. It can be set to brew into both mugs or just one mug. Most of the time it is set for just one mug and brews just in time for her to put her half n half and sugar in it and head out the door. Then when I get up I swap the two trays and brew my mug up.
We also have a French press around here that does one cup at a time, and that makes real good coffee as well.

Back
Top Bottom