Double Cream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SHAMALICIOUS

Senior Cook
Anybody have any drink recipes that require double cream? Or would taste better with double cream?

I bought some today and i dont know what to do with it anymore lol. I initially wanted to make some chocolate eclairs and fill it with the cream but now i have gone off the idea.

All ideas welcome, thanks! :chef:

I dont think double cream lasts very long, so quick replies would be very appreciated.

(and i think double cream is the same thing as heavy cream, just to avoid any confusion)

How about some cranachan? Toast some oats, put layer of fruit (raspberries are traditional, but I've used rhubarb or plums or goosberries if I've had them around) in a glass, layer of double cream, layer of oats, keep going until it's all gone and top with a cream layer. Add a couple of raspberries on the top!

Whoops, this isn't a drink recipe... What about Atholl Brose? Have you got some whisky?

Last edited:
kahlua & cream is always delicious, though I'm not sure if you can get that in Scotland. It's a coffee liqueur.
1 part kahlua
Add cream & pour over ice
White Russians are great too.
2 parts kahlua
1 part vodka

Last edited:
Whip it and put dollops on a cookie sheet. Freeze for when you want just a dollop of cream.

Ishbel said:
How about some cranachan? Toast some oats, put layer of fruit (raspberries are traditional, but I've used rhubarb or plums or goosberries if I've had them around) in a glass, layer of double cream, layer of oats, keep going until it's all gone and top with a cream layer. Add a couple of raspberries on the top!

Whoops, this isn't a drink recipe... What about Atholl Brose? Have you got some whisky?

lol. still sounds kinda nice, but we havent any berries or such :( . thanks for the recipe though, ill try it another time when we have all the ingredients :-p

Naw. its got to be alcohol free :)

corazon90 said:
kahlua & cream is always delicious, though I'm not sure if you can get that in Scotland. It's a coffee liqueur.
1 part kahlua
2 parts kahlua
1 part vodka

Kahlua?

Ooooh. tis got vodka, anything i could replace it with? It cant be alocholic. :neutral:

corazon90 said:
1 part kahlua
2 parts kahlua
1 part vodka

Oh sorry, the kahlua is the coffee liqueur lol. If i brew some coffee into a sort of a paste with cream would that be an alternative?

Gretchen said:
Whip it and put dollops on a cookie sheet. Freeze for when you want just a dollop of cream.

Thats a very good idea gretchen. thanks. i think ill do that with the left over cream, if theres enough space in me freezer lol :chef:

Something in my head keeps telling me to

Whip it and put dollops on a cookie sheet. Freeze for when you want just a dollop of cream.:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: J/K

and by the way, cream lasts longer than milk

If you don't want to cook, how about just plonking a big dollop on a bowl of strawberries? Always popular and could hardly be easier.

Thank you hunny bunnies :D. But i suddenly had a change of mind again and decided to make the ecclairs after all. Everyone loved them, i took some around to my little cousins, n they all liked them too. Thank you all for your ideas though, be handy for another time :D.

Back
Top Bottom