Egg Cream... Mississippi Style

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The selzer waters it down quite a bit and the propensity to consume is limited by the cost.

who said anything about seltzer, 1 big massive glass of baileys LOL :LOL:

oh yuk i made myself :sick: thinking about it...only good in "smaller" quantities lol :LOL:

yeah bit sweet too

What! No Hushpuppies? :LOL: Haven't had an eggcream since I lived in New Yawk. Candy stores/soda shops used to also make Vanilla Egg creams (w vanilla syrup?). Not sure where you would find the syrup. Years ago, my mom found some apparatus where you turn tap water into seltzer (or carbonated water), by putting nitrogen cartridges? (not sure what they were) into a pitcher-like thingy. It was years ago, so don't remember exactly what it looked like. Maybe it worked on the same principle as IC's foam-making thig-a-ma-jig. How's that for a description!:LOL: You might be able to buy U-Bet on line. Hmmm. Wonder how a strawberry eggcream would taste? Thanks for the memories.

No cos it produces the soda water/seltzer water. You just put water into the siphon and this gas bulb into the neck of the siphon. Each time you press the "gun" mechanism, it releases the gas into the water. I used to love it when mum and dad entertained and we got to have the soda machines out. I lovvved to play with it!! Favourite toy as a kid - fully supervised of course!

I think we pay around AU$28-30 round here, depends which shop you buy it from give or take a couple.

LOL@ healthy egg cream :)

No cos it produces the soda water/seltzer water. You just put water into the siphon and this gas bulb into the neck of the siphon. Each time you press the "gun" mechanism, it releases the gas into the water. I used to love it when mum and dad entertained and we got to have the soda machines out. I lovvved to play with it!! Favourite toy as a kid - fully supervised of course!

Didn't think you would need the seltzer water with that, but if I didn't ask, then you would have and then there would probably be an explosion in the house. hehe

For those suffering great confusion as to the term Dag quoted by DC's Australian Counterpart, Bilby;

Dags (subculture) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Taken from Wiki: Dag is an Australian slang term, often used as an affectionate insult[1] for someone who is, or is perceived to be unfashionable, lacking self consciousness about their appearance and/or with poor social skills yet affable and amusing.

I will put my "selective reading glasses" on and interpret being called a dag as "often used as an affectionate term...someone who is...**fashionable..appearance...and amusing" that is all my selective reading glasses can read atm :)

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Well Rom, I'm hardly likely to make reference to you in sheep terms now am I!! LOL Of course I use it in an affectionate term! To me, all those other definitions actually apply to "daggy" eg that's a daggy shirt!! You just make me laugh - a lot!! Guess I'm of the age where it is still "the term" - but then I'm also from Perth. We take a bit of time to catch up to the East Coast!! ROFL

Hey can I get a pair of those glasses? Can match my selective memory loss too!!!

oh blah i had a reply lol then i did something, my reply disappeared and now i have to go lol

anyways, was just being a silly dag with u LOL
im only 27....ur making me feel old LOLLL

Selective reading glasses only come in purple, that ok with u?

Hope everyone has a good weekend, im off to start mine woohooo
got Voting tomorrow
Regards,
Daggy Rom :)

Purple is my favourite colour Rom!! Perfect! 27!! Now I'm feeling old!!!

I gotta find a new polling booth. They've stopped using the one I've been going to these past ten years! Guess I better check out the AEC website. At least all the election ads are over now! Yay!!! Have a good weekend Rom!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom