Eggnog Season!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the reminder about egg liquor. Interesting to see eggnog being discussed on the non-alcoholic drinks thread.
IMHO, putting booze in eggnog just ruins the eggnog and the booze. Yuck! People who think "Booze first, life second" will put booze in anything! Any excuse to drink alcohol. There's a name for that condition.

Thanks for the reminder about egg liquor. Interesting to see eggnog being discussed on the non-alcoholic drinks thread.

I actually prefer eggnog without liquor. But I'm not into drinking anymore, except the occasional beer during a football game or a gin once in a while.

I actually prefer eggnog without liquor. But I'm not into drinking anymore, except the occasional beer during a football game or a gin once in a while.
I love eggnog with no booze! Thick, creamy goodness. I do drink alcohol, but it's not that important to me.

I've known people who will avoid doing anything where they can't have a drink of alcohol while they're there.

Actually I enjoy egg nog both ways! It all depends on how I feel at the time. :angel::whistling

I picked up a bottle of "Pennsylvania Dutch Egg Nog" at Costco the other day. If you enjoy a perfectly spiked nog this is the one! I've also seen the same brand at the grocery in the liquor section, but the cost was much more reasonable for a larger bottle at Costco. It's really nice heated in a mug with fresh grated nutmeg.

http://jerichowine.com/Pennsylvania_Dutch_Egg_Nog.asp?gclid=CM-ulqXWjK0CFcYZQgodnTwxmw

Last edited:
Actually I enjoy egg nog both ways! It all depends on how I feel at the time. :angel::whistling

I picked up a bottle of "Pennsylvania Dutch Egg Nog" at Costco the other day. If you enjoy a perfectly spiked nog this is the one! I've also seen the same brand at the grocery in the liquor section, but the cost was much more reasonable for a larger bottle at Costco. It's really nice heated in a mug with fresh grated nutmeg.

Pennsylvania Dutch Egg Nog 750ml

I just had to resurrect this thread from last year.
We're enjoying mugs of this perfect spiked nog tonight as we decorate the tree.

Many eons ago, someone handed me a glass of eggnog. I started to put it up to my mouth and the smell of the liquor made me start heaving. I passed on it politely. Told them I was an alcoholic and didn't drink anymore. That ended all conversation of offering me a drink. :angel:

I love eggnog to drink (plain though, with no liquor in it) but lately I've been making ice cream from it. I just glug it straight into the ice cream maker and in 20 minutes have the best ice cream ever!

We have never made egg nog only bought it...homemade would be nice :)

Mom used to make me 'eggnog' for breakfast when I was a kid. A raw egg in a glass of milk with some sugar and cinnamon. Mix slightly and drink. If you could get past the texture it as OK.

My husband really wanted me to get into making eggnog this year (spiked). However, with my lactose intolerance I just couldn't find a good recipe for both of us. I know those in 'my group' have great recipes but in my opinion, it does taste different. And he eats 'normal' food, so I just didn't see that working out. Am I wrong here?? He's willing to give it a try. But I hate wasting time with ingredients just for him to not eat it. :neutral:

My husband really wanted me to get into making eggnog this year (spiked). However, with my lactose intolerance I just couldn't find a good recipe for both of us. I know those in 'my group' have great recipes but in my opinion, it does taste different. And he eats 'normal' food, so I just didn't see that working out. Am I wrong here?? He's willing to give it a try. But I hate wasting time with ingredients just for him to not eat it. :neutral:

Just make enough for two cups of it, if he doesn't like it, try another recipe. There might be something he finds acceptable that you can also drink. Never know until you try.

I love your reply. :)

The recipe and technique I posted earlier in this thread would work with soy milk, almond milk, rice milk, etc. Try them and see how it turns out. Experiment a bit. You may find that you have something palatable to both of you, maybe even better than the original.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

The recipe and technique I posted earlier in this thread would work with soy milk, almond milk, rice milk, etc. Try them and see how it turns out. Experiment a bit. You may find that you have something palatable to both of you, maybe even better than the original.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
Almond milk sounds like it would be fabulous in eggnog.

Mom used to make me 'eggnog' for breakfast when I was a kid. A raw egg in a glass of milk with some sugar and cinnamon. Mix slightly and drink. If you could get past the texture it as OK.
My mom used to make that whenever I was sick as a child...I still like it:).

I used to make something we called Tarzan breakfast. A raw egg beaten well with o.j. and milk or milk powder. It was almost an Orange Julius, but no sugar.

Back
Top Bottom