Favorite Tea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My favorite is Lapsang su chong. very hard to find but worth the serch.
Try Upton Tea Imports or Teavana tea web sites for good discriptions and selections

I have two teas I love, both are iced, one is a combination of brewed tea mixed with snapple mango madness, the other I just had and plan to work on fixing it myself, it was a green tea with a lovely mint flavor, not bold just soft and mild..Add a sprig of fresh mint to the glass and it is wonderful.
kadesma

ooh what a great topic!! I love tea

here's whats in my tea cupboard, all are loose teas unless other wise stated

Pai Mu Tan- a white tea, nice jammy flavors with sweet notes, white tea is kind of in now, its has the most Beneficial anti-oxidant properties

Songzhong- a green tea that is smoked, very nice and rich flavorful, a green tea that isn't afraid to be bold

Soom- a darjeeling black tea that is very expensive, its a first flushing, very elegant,

New Monks Blend- a rich dark tea with blended natural flavors

Roobios blueberry- roobios herbal tea with dried blueberries

Cape Town Rooibos- a herbal tea, produces a red tea with floral notes and berry undertones

For Iced tea I use Lipton yellow label, it comes in a standard tea bag and produces a mild tea with a deep liqour

Hey Dave, I'd like to try this Lapsang su chong, what's it like?

Not a huge tea fan but my favourite is Ceylon Supreme tea, with second place going to Traditional Afternoon. I do enjoy a good iced tea as well as Chinese and Japanese teas. I have about eight different teas in my cupboard at the moment. Not keen on the flavoured herbals or the fragrant teas (like Earl Grey). And I never have tea with milk and it has to be hot.

I enjoy many different flavors, but the one I come back to is Constant Comment. It has just a nice flavor, it needs no sugar or anything else to complete the taste. I even like it iced too.

Right this second I am drinking Iron Buddha Oolong. I have about 10 other types in my cabinet right now though and I love each one. Some are green, some are white. I also have black, herbal, roobios, and mate. All of my teas are loose leaf.

Check out Teavana. They are one of many great tea places that have sprung up recently. They have a store near me which is why I use them as I can go in on my lunch break, but their teas are very high quality and their selection is great.

I use their perfect tea maker which makes the tea brewing process so easy and fun.

I pretty much stick to rooibos and herbal teas. Some of my favorites are:
  • Celestial Seasonings - English Toffee
  • Lipton - Cinnamon Apple
  • Kalahari Red Tea - Highlands Honey
Unfortunately, my source for the Highlands Honey has dried up.

My favorite tea changes from time to time, right now it's ginger and honey tea, and my never changing one is oolong tea.Time to time I have Kenyan brewed tea. (it's tea leaves, half milk half water, sugar, all boiled together and served hot)

Bucky that early grey supreme is great. You turned me on to Harney and Sons a few years ago and I am very thankful you did!

I am so glad that tea has become popular here. There are more and more great tea places opening all the time. There is no longer a need to buy low quality tea bags now that loose leaf tea is so easy to get. Of course there is nothing wrong with tea bags if that is what you like.

Jikoni, Alix introduced me to an amazing ginger tea last year. it is from Stash Tea (another great place) and it is called White Christmas. It is a white tea with ginger and mint. Man is that stuff good.

pai mu tan (white tea)

gunpowder green

various black teas: Russian Caravan, Prince of Wales, Baltimore Clipper, Irish Blend, Darjeeling

the only tea bag I bother with is an import called "London Cuppa"

I prefer not to have tea out at a restaurant or shop in the US because they have no idea how to make tea in this country. (a cup of once hot water and a tea bag on the side is not tea), but any rail station kiosk in the UK can make you a fine cuppa worth your time to enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom