"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine > Non-alcoholic Drinks

Old 01-18-2014, 10:32 PM   #21
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Yes, I tried the fog chaser and the breakfast blend and prefer the bb. It even smells better when you cut open a bag, more of the coffee smell I am used to.
I will say, like you mentioned, the fog chaser was growing on me, but the blend is smoother. I drink my coffee (typically) with milk in it and the fog I was having to add a bit more to tame it. The blend I'll drink black on occasion.
I'll probably sign on for a program where they mail out an 80 pk automatically, but Amazon has been good to me while I figure out a flavor.
And I found if the pod sticks to the top of my Keurig, like i mentioned before where it's not that easy to just pry it off, if I close and open the machine again it unsticks itself and stays where it should. And they aren't messy anyway. K-cups retain a little liquid if you get careless with throwing them away. The pods feel dry almost.

Big props for the SFB brand.

Agreed for the SFB fog chaser, we like it here too. Finally found a Canadian online retailer for a bit more variety with the k cups. Another brand we really like is the Jetsetter classic Diner variety

http://www.ecscoffee.com/keurig-comp...dium-18-6.html

Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Old 01-18-2014, 11:02 PM   #22
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I can find the SFB Breakfast Blend at Costco, but not the Fogchaser. I do like the darker brews.

Old 03-17-2014, 09:28 AM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

Holy Crap!
The 80 count SFB breakfast blend I have been purchasing at Amazon with free shipping has gone up 8 bucks, plus S&H...
Not good.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:55 PM   #24
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toffiffeezz View Post
Agreed for the SFB fog chaser, we like it here too. Finally found a Canadian online retailer for a bit more variety with the k cups. Another brand we really like is the Jetsetter classic Diner variety

Jetsetter Classic Diner Single Serve Coffee | ECS Coffee Inc. - Canada's Single Serve Coffee, Keurig® K-Cup®, and Tassimo® Store

Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.
If you want to try some really great Canadian coffees (but they aren't currently making K-Cups) check out Kicking Horse coffee out of B.C. I have had their Kick Ass and their Smart Ass blends and they are both great dark roasted coffees. I also have a bag of Grizzly Claw. It's good, but not as good as the Kick Ass or Smart Ass. I had a friend send it to me from B.C. in whole bean format and I make pods with it. If you have a My K-Cup adapter, you could use that.

I had my friend, who lives across the street from Kicking Horse Roasters, suggest they put out a sample pack so people can try all of their coffee blends, and she said they will be coming soon. This is good, because I am quickly running out of room for 1 pound bags of coffee and she wants me to try them all.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:59 PM   #25
Executive Chef

From what I understand, the next generation of Keurig brewer won't be accepting anything but real K-Cups, but there are other K-cup brewing machines not made by Green Mountain that will take any cup, so people are going to be buying Cuisinart and Bunn brewers instead of Keurings and I can't wait for this to come back and bite Green Mountain right on the ass! Greedy bastards!
Old 03-19-2014, 02:40 AM   #26
Master Chef

We have been getting regular delivery of Green Mountain for at least a decade, but in the last year I've been feeling more and more like the proverbial red-headed step-child. We've always gotten a discount for our Cafe Express loyalty, but when they gave us an increase in our discount they had also upped the price of their coffee bags. What used to be a shipment of 4 bags for the minimum shipping charge suddenly became 3...because 4 bags added up to four cents over the limit. I started to play games with my shipping date so that I could order more than double the bags for only 33% more in shipping costs. When they started to give free shipping to K-cup orders for only 4 boxes worth I figured the bag people would get some sort of discount. Nope.

Started to look around at other options. I've heard of Dean's Beans around here for a few years. Turns out a coffee shop about 20 miles from here uses their beans for the shop coffee, so when we head that way we plan on trying it. If we like we'll get a couple bags there, then I'll probably start ordering from Dean's. After all, my discounted bags of Green Mountain (10 and 12 ounces) run $7.76 plus shipping (about $9/bag total) but a bag of Dean's Beans starts at $8.59 a pound! Haven't checked their shipping charge but I have to figure it's about the same.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:05 AM   #27
Chef Extraordinaire

Yesterday I picked up an 18 count box of Donut Shop at the hardware store. Same price they were before I switched to SFB; .50/cup.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:27 AM   #28
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

My order from Green Mountain is shipping today, they are now 0.56 cents a cup. Still a deal for us. I'm getting a shipment every two months.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:41 AM   #29
Executive Chef

san francisco bay fogchaser is still only 36c/k cup on ebay, with free shipping.

Tags
cheap, coffee