"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine > Non-alcoholic Drinks

Old 03-05-2012, 03:31 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
wait, are you saying we have at least 1 thing better in the states than in canada?
woohoo! <<doing a cabbage patch dance>> we've got something betterrrr!
in de face, all you canadians!!

we've got milk!!!!!
I think it is a matter of opinion, but I definitely prefer US milk, but what about those Canadian hockey players . It could be the packaging, but I think it is the feed the cows eat.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

oooh, i see now. the connection between cows and canadian hockey players.

same diet.

no wonder they like to fight.

except the boys in those pretty blue and white uniforms. the ones with the blue leaf on the shoulder...

they apprently choke on their milk baabaa's towards the end of the season, lol.

(i'm going to the devils/leafs game on the 23rd).

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:48 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
oooh, i see now. the connection between cows and canadian hockey players.

same diet.

no wonder they like to fight.

except the boys in those pretty blue and white uniforms. the ones with the blue leaf on the shoulder...

they apprently choke on their milk baabaa's towards the end of the season, lol.

(i'm going to the devils/leafs game on the 23rd).
Subtle references are never lost on you, BT! Enjoy the game!
Old 03-05-2012, 03:55 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I think it is a matter of opinion, but I definitely prefer US milk, but what about those Canadian hockey players . It could be the packaging, but I think it is the feed the cows eat.
Yeah, but you get Ontario milk, not Quebec milk.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:08 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

moothair fook-airs and der meelk. sacre bleu!

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:14 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Sacre bleu is a French expression, not Quebecois.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:19 PM   #17
Head Chef

By the time milk leaves the dairy, they should have to call it Milk-Like Product. Skim and Low Fat have powdered milk added back to increase protein content. That powder is made by forcing milk through tiny holes and heating the mist, doing all sorts of damage. But the dairy does it, because they can pretend it's healthier, and the cream they remove is high value to them. Skim isn't healthier at all, it turns out and may well be much worse. Whole milk is homogenized by using other small holes to break the fat molecules down, creating potentially harmful forms. And it's all further abused by heating. There's a reason why dairies processing milk that came from virtually identical dairies can advertise that theirs "tastes better." How can a products that comes from indistinguishable cows taste different? Because of the different brute processing and additives.

More and more, it turns out that the healthiest food staples were the less manipulated natural products. Butter, raw milk, evaporated cane sugar. Worse yet, we eat the less tasteful forms in the belief that they are better for us, when eating real would be both better and better for us.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:39 PM   #18
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I'm not sure of the temperatures, but I like my milk very cold (not near frozen though), and only from a glass. I do not like milk out of plastic cups, or out of Styrofoam or cardboard cups.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #19
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLC View Post
By the time milk leaves the dairy, they should have to call it Milk-Like Product. Skim and Low Fat have powdered milk added back to increase protein content. That powder is made by forcing milk through tiny holes and heating the mist, doing all sorts of damage. But the dairy does it, because they can pretend it's healthier, and the cream they remove is high value to them. Skim isn't healthier at all, it turns out and may well be much worse. Whole milk is homogenized by using other small holes to break the fat molecules down, creating potentially harmful forms. And it's all further abused by heating. There's a reason why dairies processing milk that came from virtually identical dairies can advertise that theirs "tastes better." How can a products that comes from indistinguishable cows taste different? Because of the different brute processing and additives.

More and more, it turns out that the healthiest food staples were the less manipulated natural products. Butter, raw milk, evaporated cane sugar. Worse yet, we eat the less tasteful forms in the belief that they are better for us, when eating real would be both better and better for us.
If I could get raw milk, I would do so in a New York minute. If I could purchase fresh, ripe, unprocessed veggies, and fruits, I would. If I could get artisanal cheese, made from raw milk, I would. But I can't get any of those, especially this time of year, except for what I grow myself. And my yard isn't large enough to fill my yearly needs.

As a species, we love to take what is good, and modify it to make it "better". But in every case, we make it worse. Our need for telivision factories exceeds our need for wholesome, locally grown food. Our need for exotic cuisine from around the world, exceeds our need for wholesome, locally grown food.

Our need for work, often breaks the family into strangers who live thousands of miles from each other.

Now see what you've done! You put a soapbox in front of me!

I'm quitting now before this gets ugly.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

P.S. aren't you all proud of me? I stopped short of a forty page essay.

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:19 PM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

Oh-oh, I'm starting to toy with the thought that maybe what I need is is a dairy cow...

Tags
milk