Ginger Tea Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I made this for the first time yesterday..I loved it, oldest daughter who does not like ginger, was not sure..It was fun trying something different and I'll make it again..
4-1/4 inch thick ginger root slices
1/4-c.light brown sugar
6-c. boiling water
Bruise the ginger root with the flat side of a large knife, or use a flat meat mallet. Place in a 6 cup teapot and pour boiling water over. Steep 5 minutes.. Pour, drink and enjoy..I had several fortune cookies with it.
No I didn't leave anything out, if you try you will vow it is real tea.:LOL:
enjoy,
kadesma:)

A client of mine just told me last week that boiling ginger root and drinking the "tea" is a great remedy for congestion. She didn't mention sweetening it...

Lots of "flu" like symptoms have been going around here. Deep coughing-some going into pneumonia-head congestion, fever, loss of appetite, sore throat, etc. Hubby was down for 5 days. I've escaped so far. But I've got the ginger root handy :)

callie said:
A client of mine just told me last week that boiling ginger root and drinking the "tea" is a great remedy for congestion. She didn't mention sweetening it...

Lots of "flu" like symptoms have been going around here. Deep coughing-some going into pneumonia-head congestion, fever, loss of appetite, sore throat, etc. Hubby was down for 5 days. I've escaped so far. But I've got the ginger root handy :)
That has been going around here too, me, then DH, then Cade, then me then Carson and Ethan..I hope it doesn't decide to come round again:sick: I'll remember about the tea and keep ginger root on hand too. it was really good..I don't think it would be so good with out the sugar tho!!!

When I worked at a health food store a few years ago, the manager would bring us a cup of tea at 4 p.m. (she was from Barbados, British influenced) and it was always ginger tea. Now, I keep it in the house, especially for when I catch a cold..it's great with lemon too. I believe ginger is widely known as a digestive aid, too. I don't add sugar, either.

It's very good for upset tummies, or before travelling. I also take it for that time of the month pain. I normally am naughty and add a bit of honey, but not sugar.

kyles said:
It's very good for upset tummies, or before travelling. I also take it for that time of the month pain. I normally am naughty and add a bit of honey, but not sugar.
Hi Kyles,
not naughty at all..Considering how hard you've been working, you deserve a little something homey and comfy at certain times..I tried the brown sugar, but I bet the honey would be nice too and yes, it did a lot to calm down my tummy when I had it..I'm sure I'll be making it a lot more.

valnaples said:
When I worked at a health food store a few years ago, the manager would bring us a cup of tea at 4 p.m. (she was from Barbados, British influenced) and it was always ginger tea. Now, I keep it in the house, especially for when I catch a cold..it's great with lemon too. I believe ginger is widely known as a digestive aid, too. I don't add sugar, either.
I've not tried it plain, but with the lemon it would probably be just as good.. Thanks for the input.

Back
Top Bottom