Green Coffee?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cappuccinochic

Assistant Cook
I may be totally out of the loop - but what is green coffee?

Is it a new phase? I keep seeing it everywhere. Ha

If someone could please explain it would be much appreciated.

CC

:ermm:

Green coffee is unroasted coffee beans. Here's more information:
http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-1264-GREEN COFFEE.aspx

Every year, manufacturers come up with thousands of new products. That doesn't mean we have to be sucked into the hype about them ;)
I friend who lives in London emailed me an account of a visit she and her husband made to a rather trendy coffee shop recently. Talk about hype! The waitress, a very superior person, carefully explained to them exactly how the coffee had to be drunk, including how long (in seconds!) they must leave it before stirring it and drinking it, in order to have it at precisely the right temperature and the direction it should be stirred in came into the instructions. Sugar was deeply frowned on.

My friend said she and her husband felt very cowed and were almost expecting to be put in detention if they got it wrong!

My brother and his wife started roasting their own coffee about 3 years ago and have really enjoyed coming up with their own blends and roasts. Some have been really, really good and some become really good compost :rolleyes:. They have a shop they frequent to buy their green beans (Mr. Green Beans) in Portland. It's just a tasty hobby.

Last edited:
I friend who lives in London emailed me an account of a visit she and her husband made to a rather trendy coffee shop recently. Talk about hype! The waitress, a very superior person, carefully explained to them exactly how the coffee had to be drunk, including how long (in seconds!) they must leave it before stirring it and drinking it, in order to have it at precisely the right temperature and the direction it should be stirred in came into the instructions. Sugar was deeply frowned on.

My friend said she and her husband felt very cowed and were almost expecting to be put in detention if they got it wrong!

Mad Cook - I think rules like that would put me off going there! Ha - Did they enjoy the coffee though?

Mad Cook - I think rules like that would put me off going there! Ha - Did they enjoy the coffee though?
She said not, the coffee was awful. She said they didn't complain because they thought they might be told their palates were not sufficiently sophisticated for the establishment' s coffee ;)

Back
Top Bottom