Hot Chocolate, Chief Longwind Style

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
My DW is enjoying this right now.

Ingredients:
1 - 3.3 oz bar Dove silky smooth milk chocolate
1 - 3.5 oz bar Cadbury Dairy Milk, milk chocolate
10 oz. Half 'n Half

Break up the chocolate bars and place into a pot over medium heat, with the half 'n half. as the milk warms, gently stir with a wire whisk until the mixture is silky smooth. Pour into a suitable mug and enjoy.

For real chocolate lovers, use the same size bars, but with dark chocolate. That would be for me.

Cost: about $4 bucks U.S. Calories (and this is not an exageration) about 1000.

This is indulgent, rich, and sumptuous hot chocolate, to be served on rare occasions, or when you really need a rich chocolate fix (or for me to give to my wife at a whim).

Now don't you ladies who were 20 years or so old, back in 1976, when I was a young stud on the prowl in Southern San Diego, wish you had found me?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My DW, she doesn't know what she's got. Husbands everywhere, with wives who love good chocolate, take notice. Make some of this for your wives. They will see you in a new light.;)

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Omg that sounds amazing.... Off to make some hot chocolate lol. Unfortunately it's going to be the Swiss miss variety :/

Mr. French made hot chocolate out of bar chocolate in an episode of "Family Affair" back in that era!;) Don't think Dove was around then.

Doubtful!:ROFLMAO: Don't think Chief nor myself was much interested in culinary stuff back then. We had deer on our minds, the two legged kind!:LOL:

Why do you think I took such an interest in culinary skills. You need the right bait to attract the deer;). I foound out early in my dating career that a well prepared meal just impressed the ladies to know end. Precede that meal with an adventurous, but tame dirt bike excursion, with her on the back of the bike, and maybe get cleaned up and take her to a ballroom dance, and she knew you were all that, and then some.:LOL:

I had an interest in cooking long before the hormones kicked in. I was always hungry, ridiculously skinny, and moving quickly, like s shrew. Though our meals were wholesome, and not stingy, I was the child that had three helpings of whatever was served. I had to learn to cook.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

College right after high school and my career in recreational scuba (average 80 hour weeks) kept me from fully indulging in culinary at that time. The scuba thing lasted until the '90's. Teaching scuba to entry level students was my "bait".;)

I must say that my forays into fresh seafood prep and furthur culinary adventures were also a by product of my diving.

Last edited:
College right after high school and my career in recreational scuba (average 80 hour weeks) kept me from fully indulging in culinary at that time. The scuba thing lasted until the '90's. Teaching scuba to entry level students was my "bait".;)

I must say that my forays into fresh seafood prep and furthur culinary adventures were also a by product of my diving.

I took a Naui class while in the navy. I had the most easy breathing regulator of our group. This was back about 1976/7. The regulator was an AMF, and I was using Rocket fins, and a nice mask with side glass to allow for peripheral vision. I was in superior shape back then. We used my diving partner to determine when we had to start back to shore after a free dive off of Pacific Beach, or from LaJolla Cove (San Diego area). We'd start with 3000 lb, 80 cubic foot aluminum tanks. When we got back to shore, my partner usually had about 400 lbs. of air left, while I usually had close to 1000 lbs. left. Now it has to be said that he was 6'2, and about 180 lbs, while I was 5'6, and 140 lbs. At that time of my life, I could swim a length and a half of an olympic size pool, underwater, in one breath. And I could run several miles before I started feeling it. Oh how I wish I was 21 again.

On the day of our final dive for certification, I pulled duty and couldn't leave the base. So I missed the dive. I couldn't seem to hook up with the dive master and never got certified, though I had paid my full price and had made every dive but the certification dive. Shortly thereafter, I decided to get married and sold the little bit of scuba gear I had to help pay for the reception, and haven't ahd any money since. It's all been put into the family. Ironically, my eldest son, and his wife both dive, in the Puget Sound, in dry suits of course. I have to believe that LaJolla Cove was both prettier, and warmer, though it surged like a giant cereal bowl of liquid, sloshing from one side to the other, which could be a little unsettling. We used rip tides from Pacific beach to carry us out to the dive area, and just snorkled out. The water was murky from waves kicking up sand, and you always took in a mouthful or two of salt water when waves crashed over your head. Sometimes, I got a little sea-sick until we were actually underwater. Once, I had to inflate my BC and float on top while I gave up breakfast to the sea creatures. Taht was gross, but not so bad as if I had done it underwater into my regulator. I prefer boating out to the dive area and dropping in, rather than snorkling out from the beach.

I enjoyed diving and but for one stupid day where I was stuck on base, would have enjoyed it a lot longer.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Goodweed mate the chocolate would kill me but as usual your posts are a good read.A friend called Lemain joined today, he has just parked his boat up to live on land, you have a number of things in common with him:)

Back
Top Bottom