Hot Chocolate Recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you want a recipe for making a powdered mix or just how to make a cup of hot chocolate?

To make the cup of hot chocolate mix 1 tbsp of cocoa and 1 tbsp of sugar in your cup. Heat up a cup of milk in the microwave, pour a bit of the hot milk into the powdered mixture and make a paste. When its incorporated, pour the hot milk in, stir well and enjoy.

To make the powdered mix to keep in your cupboard, you use equal parts cocoa and sugar and then you need to calculate how much dry milk powder to put in there. Its a nice gift to put in a jar with a pretty label and bow to give to friends at Christmas.

I used to make one (a dry type) that was powdered milk, cocoa, Confectioner's sugar and Coffee Mate....if thats what you are looking for.

I have a great recipe for homemade hot chocolate mix. I give it as gifts at Christmastime. I fill a clear plastic piping bag with the mix and tie with a pretty ribbon. Then I include a holiday mug, some chocolate-dipped plastic spoons, a couple of candy canes, and a handful of mini marshmallows tied up in a small plastic bag.

The recipe makes a LOT, so you might want to cut it way down unless you plan to give it to lots of people and drink a lot yourself.

Here's the recipe:

HOMEMADE HOT CHOCOLATE MIX
(Makes about 18 cups mix)​
1 (25.6-oz.) box nonfat dry milk powder
1 (6-oz.) jar powdered non-dairy coffee creamer, like Coffeemate
2 cups powdered sugar
1 (16-oz.) can instant chocolate drink mix, like Quik
½ cup dark cocoa powder

Sift all ingredients into a large bowl. Mix well. After mixing, sift again, then put in a large airtight container. Store in a cool, dry place. Can be stored up to 6 months.

To make hot chocolate, add 3 tablespoons mix to 1 cup of hot water. Stir to dissolve. To make mocha, use 1 cup of hot coffee instead of water.

There is a recipe on the back of the Hershey's Cocoa can,

and also on the bottom of the Ibarra Mexican chocolate package.
IbarraChocolate.jpg

Katie ~~ that's perfect. That's what I'm looking for, for a gift. Ironically I bought the Hersey's special dark powder on the way home. I should have been more clear in my original question but I was in a hurry to leave the office. Should have known that would backfire today ~ 2 hour drive home that usually takes 45 minutes.

Thanks again Katie!!

There is a recipe on the back of the Hershey's Cocoa can,

and also on the bottom of the Ibarra Mexican chocolate package.
IbarraChocolate.jpg

Caine ~ I have yet to find that Ibarra here. I've looked because a couple people recommended it. I did find Unsweetened Ghirardelli. I guess I should feel lucky.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom