How do I tell if coconut milk has gone bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ooglaf

Assistant Cook
I've just started juicing fresh brown coconut meat (from the coconut) in a juicer and mixing it with the coconut water to make coconut milk for drinking. The coconut milk that i juiced only a few days ago smells and tastes sour...but...all the milk I've juiced so far has always been that way. Straight from the juicer it's sour. Later from the fridge it's sour. But its not like putrid im-going-to-hurl sour, but its smell or taste isn't very great at all. I didnt see any mold on the coconuts and they were full of water. However I bought them a few days, maybe a week before juicing and I accidentally refrigerated them cause I didn't know any better. Oops! Could the coconuts have gone bad already before juicing? Or is it the fact that I'm not used to unsweetened coconut?
I've looked up this question all over google but I keep getting mixed answers, so it would be great if I could get someone who actually juices their own coconut milk and knows a thing or two about coconuts to answer.

Also, I want to drink the naturally juiced milk for the health benefits, but I understand that it's high in fat content. Is there a way to extract the fat? If not, how much should I drink a day? I work out everyday and am on a not-so-strict diet but nevertheless a diet.

Back
Top Bottom