How Many of you like Iced Coffee?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For some reason, I cannot recall now it's been so long, but I drink iced coffee and tea seasonally. Iced coffee during the cold months and iced tea during the hot months. They are both cold beverages, but somehow I've made this seasonal association and it's stuck.

As the temperatures have cooled outside I've been looking forward to breaking out my coffee maker. I'll probably do it very soon thanks to your post.

Mmmm.... iced coffee.... when I get it right, thick and creamy, it's unbelievable. Usually too watery though. Coffee ice cubes -- good tip.

I don't drink coffee very often, but when I go to a Thai restaurant I like the Thai iced coffee. It's so sweet, it's almost like a dessert. Never made it at home. Anyone have a good recipe? Is it different from Vietnamese?

Coffee Smoothie

Makes: 2 servings at 51¢ each. Prep: 5 minutes.

1/4 cup strong coffee
1 cup skim milk
1 cup low-fat vanilla ice cream
4 ice cubes, crushed
1 teaspoon hazelnut flavoring syrup OR: other coffee flavoring syrup
1 to 2 teaspoons sugar (optional)

1. Add coffee to skim milk.
2. Pulse milk mixture, ice cream, ice and syrup in blender until smooth. Add sugar if desired. Pour into 2 glasses.

Nutritional Value Per Serving: 151 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated), 7 g protein, 26 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 116 mg sodium, 7 mg cholesterol.

I could drink Starbucks chilled coffees everyday, 3 or 4 times a day. But, alas my meager budget canot take such a hit. So I take a gallon glass jar w/ sealing lid, pour in one can of sweetened condensed milk. Then I brew one pot of strong coffee(12 cups) and add it to the jar. Then I add enough hot water to fill, stirring until it is completely mixed. Then store in the refrigerator until Wednesday when you find yourself making another jug! lol

Very close imitation, and I can add chocolate syrup for a mocha, extra milk(or melted ice cream)for a latte, and I can make it decaf if I so choose.
Perfect for me and the budget! ; )

KAYLINDA said:
Iced Tea was beginning to bother the "old" tummy. Started drinking iced coffee....and no more problems!

If done properly, it is simply fantastic! :)

hellschef said:
Try Blending The Coffe W The Ice Cream And Add A Shot Of Dark Creme De Cocoa. Top With Whip In A Large Brandy Snift And Topw Biscotti
Wow, can we say posh! That sounds divine! I know the person who posted below my post here would go nuts for it!!! :)

I guess I grew up on the poor side of the tracks, or just "old school" .... Mom and my aunts, and grandma, made a fresh pot of hot coffee for the morning "java jolt" - then let the pot cool off and they poured it over ice later in the day - just like making iced tea. No ice cream, Creme De Something, no brandy snifters or whipped cream ... just a glass full of ice cubes and black coffee.

l like iced coffee, I usually make when I have leftover coffee from the pot, run the icemaker that is in the fridge door, setting on crush and then put that crushed ice in a blender with the coffee, add half and half , teaspoon sugar , then high speed blend .

I like Thai iced coffee, which is made from espresso flavored with cardamom and almond, and swettened condensed milk. Starbucks iced coffee always seems extremely weak to me.

Back
Top Bottom