"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine > Non-alcoholic Drinks

Old 10-24-2005, 11:13 PM   #31
Head Chef

Wow everyone! I didn't even think of an ice cream drink! We just pour ours over ice like iced tea!

Old 10-25-2005, 06:27 AM   #32
Senior Cook

I could drink Starbucks chilled coffees everyday, 3 or 4 times a day. But, alas my meager budget canot take such a hit. So I take a gallon glass jar w/ sealing lid, pour in one can of sweetened condensed milk. Then I brew one pot of strong coffee(12 cups) and add it to the jar. Then I add enough hot water to fill, stirring until it is completely mixed. Then store in the refrigerator until Wednesday when you find yourself making another jug! lol

Very close imitation, and I can add chocolate syrup for a mocha, extra milk(or melted ice cream)for a latte, and I can make it decaf if I so choose.
Perfect for me and the budget! ; )

Old 10-25-2005, 09:10 AM   #33
Cook

Send a message via AIM to hellschef
First Had Iced Coffe At The Seasons In Colorado Springs, Great Stuff, Sweet And Creamy. Oh Yeah!
Old 10-25-2005, 09:13 AM   #34
Cook

Send a message via AIM to hellschef
Try Blending The Coffe W The Ice Cream And Add A Shot Of Dark Creme De Cocoa. Top With Whip In A Large Brandy Snift And Topw Biscotti
Old 10-29-2005, 11:53 PM   #35
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAYLINDA
Iced Tea was beginning to bother the "old" tummy. Started drinking iced coffee....and no more problems!
If done properly, it is simply fantastic!
Old 10-29-2005, 11:55 PM   #36
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellschef
Try Blending The Coffe W The Ice Cream And Add A Shot Of Dark Creme De Cocoa. Top With Whip In A Large Brandy Snift And Topw Biscotti
Wow, can we say posh! That sounds divine! I know the person who posted below my post here would go nuts for it!!!

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Piccolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 02:16 AM   #37
Master Chef

I guess I grew up on the poor side of the tracks, or just "old school" .... Mom and my aunts, and grandma, made a fresh pot of hot coffee for the morning "java jolt" - then let the pot cool off and they poured it over ice later in the day - just like making iced tea. No ice cream, Creme De Something, no brandy snifters or whipped cream ... just a glass full of ice cubes and black coffee.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:48 PM   #38
Master Chef

l like iced coffee, I usually make when I have leftover coffee from the pot, run the icemaker that is in the fridge door, setting on crush and then put that crushed ice in a blender with the coffee, add half and half , teaspoon sugar , then high speed blend .
Old 02-05-2008, 04:21 PM   #39
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to Caine
I like Thai iced coffee, which is made from espresso flavored with cardamom and almond, and swettened condensed milk. Starbucks iced coffee always seems extremely weak to me.