How Many of you like Iced Coffee?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a cup of Italian coffee (espresso) with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream some time ago... it was absolutely delicious!!

Hi Kaylinda,
I love iced coffee...Have it almost everyday in the summer...I even make ice cubes out of the left over coffee so that when I make my iced coffee drink it isn't diluted by the ice cubes...
kadesma:LOL:

I even make ice cubes out of the left over coffee so that when I make my iced coffee drink it isn't diluted by the ice cubes...
Smart tip kadesma! I'll remember this one for sure as my coffee loving husband is big on iced java :D

kadesma said:
Hi Kaylinda,
I love iced coffee...Have it almost everyday in the summer...I even make ice cubes out of the left over coffee so that when I make my iced coffee drink it isn't diluted by the ice cubes...

Oh dear - my husband drinks his black but it's too hot for his delicate little tongue and has to put some ice in it. I will try to keep some coffee ice cubes in the freezer for the same reason. He said it really does help.

kadesma said:
Hi Kaylinda,

i too love iced coffee! wow that is a great idea kadesma about the ice cubes! :) thanks for the tip!

We had something delicious yesterday. An iced Caramel coffee from Starbucks - can't remember the name. It was so good in hotttttttttt weather.

I love iced coffee. I love when the weather gets warm enough that I can switch over to it from hot coffee, well at least when I drank it more often.

That would give you an idea, but generally iced coffee is brewed stronger than regular hot coffee because the ice ends up diluting it a bit. If you use kadesma's idea of making ice cubes with coffee as well though then you don't have to worry about that.

In the Kitchen said:
Never had iced coffee. Would leftover coffee from morning work okay with ice cubes?

I've done that a lot before, ITK. Whatever is left in the pot after breakfast goes in the refrigerator to chill. That way I don't need as much ice to cool the coffee and run the risk of watering it down too much.

Thanks All

Thanks for suggestions. Having leftover coffee I always would reheat and drink. This way I will put in the fridge or else make ice cubes. Adding ice cream will have to be done later in afternoon. Starting out with this in the morning would be adding more to watching my weight. I do love the sound of ice cream and coffee. I feel like I must have been gone for long time and not knowing about these choices. I do appreciate and makes me look forward to coffee even more. Great!

licia said:
We had something delicious yesterday. An iced Caramel coffee from Starbucks - can't remember the name. It was so good in hotttttttttt weather.

:):):)Another yummy treat from Starbucks! :)

As an added treat use Ice cream scoop instead of ice.
i, guess, somebody already sugested this, sorry.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom