Ice cold, Yummy, and Good for you!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Take 1 quart soy milk. Add to it 4 tbs. unsweetened cocoa powder, 3 tbs. honey, and 1 tsp. cinnamon. Blend on high speed in your blender. It doesn't taste like chocolate milk. It doesn't taste like anything soy. It is smooth, ice cold, and doesn't gum up your mouth. The taste is very refreshing and satisfying, and, it's healthy.

I'm loving this stuff. I can have a choclolate drink again, that really tastes great.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I just had an individual carton of chocolate Silk. Pretty good! Can you have that, GW?

Lee

I've never tasted soy milk before but you make it sound really good. I like tofu and it's a soy product. Does this taste anything like milk? I drink gallons of milk - love it! But a couple of my grown kids have now developed mild lactose intolerance so soy milk might be nice to have around.

Soy milk is similar in texture to real milk, albeit, alittle different. It is slightly sweet by itself and has a mild, almost bean flavor, but reminiscent to malted milk. It is good as in, though as with everything, it's a matter of personal taste. It has good nutritional value and none of the cholesterol or harmful fats of milk. It is a little more refreshing than milk because it goes down cleaner. But then again, that's part of what makes milk so great, is the texture and sweetness of the product.

It is definietely worth a try if you haven't yet tried it. I love it. But I love milk too. I could have just as easily added the cocoa, honey, and cinamon to the milk and thrown it in the blender. I just wanted to experiment with the soy milk. Plus, the soy milk is a little lower in carbs than is regular milk. And that's important for me.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

it's too bad you have to watch your blood.

and stop calling me sugar. :cool:

i LOVE silk brand chocolate soy milk. it tastes a lot like the fudgesicles of my youth.

it does have a lot of sugar, tho. gw, i'll have to get some plain soy juice (it shouldn't be called milk) and make your recipe. thanks!!!:chef:

Sounds good! But, did I miss something? You said that it's ice cold. Do you add ice to the blender too?

Sounds good! But, did I miss something? You said that it's ice cold. Do you add ice to the blender too?

No. I keep my fridge cold. The liquids in there, if left to long, will form a thin layer of ice on the top. I like my cold food cold, and my hot food hot, except cheese. It should be eaten at room temp.;)

And BT, I wouldn't call you honey, maybe horseradish, or sour-kraut, but not honey.:-p:ROFLMAO:

And, you are very welcome for the recipe. Another tip, add a bit of nutmeg and vanilla to plain soy juice and it tastes suprisingly like egg-nog, just not as thick. You can also taylor the flavor by using mace instead of nutmeg, and maybe throw in a couple of egg yolks and cook it, like you were making home made egg nog. Ya gotta love egg nog.

Seeeeee: Goodweed of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom