Instant vs. B&N Starbucks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danbuter

Senior Cook
I buy generic store brand instant coffee at home. While shopping at Barnes & Noble, which has a Starbucks in it, I often buy coffee. I've noticed that the generic instant coffee tastes better than the burnt coffee stuff that B&N serves and charges too much for. What's up with that? :huh:

I buy generic store brand instant coffee at home. While shopping at Barnes & Noble, which has a Starbucks in it, I often buy coffee. I've noticed that the generic instant coffee tastes better than the burnt coffee stuff that B&N serves and charges too much for. What's up with that? :huh:

Funny you should mention that. I don't know about Starbucks, but I started buying a generic instant coffee at Sav-A-Lot. Later on I bought a coffee maker and several types of ground coffee. I realized I liked the taste of the instant better, so I put the coffee maker away and switched back to my instant.

I have to be really desperate to drink Starbucks coffee. It tastes burnt because they roast the beans too much. Thank goodness I live in Greater Montreal where I can get good coffee lots of places.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom