Is it real Tea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Bruise 4- 1/4 inch slices of ginger and use the back side of a large knife. Place the ginger in a 6 cup tea pot with 1/4 cup of brown sugar. add 6 cups boiling waterSteep 5 min. No I didn't forget anything this is it. this is great with what the grand kids call cinnamon sticks. If you're interested let me know and I'll post the recipe.it's easy and a kid pleaser.
kades

:LOL:
Bruise 4- 1/4 inch slices of ginger and use the back side of a large knife. Place the ginger in a 6 cup tea pot with 1/4 cup of brown sugar. add 6 cups boiling waterSteep 5 min. No I didn't forget anything this is it. this is great with what the grand kids call cinnamon sticks. If you're interested let me know and I'll post the recipe.it's easy and a kid pleaser.
kades

Also great for settling an upset stomach.

Also great for clearing sinuses! Love ginger tea made this way. Ma, are the "cinnamon sticks" a cookie or the real thing?
LP,
all it is a whole loaf of bread with the crust removed, then cut into" sticks, about 4 per slice then dipped in melted butter and rolled in sugar, I plan to give splenda a try and fool the kids:LOL: mean ol ma huh? then dust with the cinnamon.
ma

I
m sorry PF. Can you have it now? I sometimes wonder about the restrictions we get slapped with.
hugs,
ma

Yes, since January! I couldn't have the extra ginger, at least the amount I was used to having while I was taking the anti-platlet medication, but that is done now and I can have all the ginger I want.:pig: Who knew ginger works like aspirin as a blood thinner?

Yes, since January! I couldn't have the extra ginger, at least the amount I was used to having while I was taking the anti-platlet medication, but that is done now and I can have all the ginger I want.:pig: Who knew ginger works like aspirin as a blood thinner?
Learned something new today. Ginger works like a blood thinner. Good to know thanks..
ma

Learned something new today. Ginger works like a blood thinner. Good to know thanks..
ma

I always check food-drug interactions and the why of them. Ginger on it's own won't make your blood too thin, but the medication I was taking would have set me up for bleeding and being unable to clot. Not good!

PrincessFiona60 said:
I always check food-drug interactions and the why of them. Ginger on it's own won't make your blood too thin, but the medication I was taking would have set me up for bleeding and being unable to clot. Not good!

Scary. Bet that wasn't even mentioned in the package insert.

BTW, Ma, I love ginger too! Will have to try your tea!

Maybe you should have been taking just the ginger ;)

Ginger is good medicine. I always run a knob of fresh ginger through the juicer in the morning to add to my apple/carrot/beet/lemon concoction. In addition to settling the stomach and thinning the blood, it also does wonders for arthritic joints.

Ginger is good medicine. I always run a knob of fresh ginger through the juicer in the morning to add to my apple/carrot/beet/lemon concoction. In addition to settling the stomach and thinning the blood, it also does wonders for arthritic joints.

I love it for my poor arthritic joints. Cuts down my use of OTC pain meds.

LP,
all it is a whole loaf of bread with the crust removed, then cut into" sticks, about 4 per slice then dipped in melted butter and rolled in sugar, I plan to give splenda a try and fool the kids:LOL: mean ol ma huh? then dust with the cinnamon.
ma
Thanks, Ma, will have to try it.

Back
Top Bottom