ISO low-fat/low-calorie smoothie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elaine l

Head Chef
Is there really such a thing? I thought of making myself some sort of smoothie for breakfast. Most of the recipes I see are high in sugar or fat. Is there anyone out there with a tasty recipe?

Use fat-free vanilla yogurt and frozen fruit. I like strawberry and banana, but any fruit combo you like will do. Fruit has a lot of sugar, but it's not empty calories :) You get all the vitamins, minerals and fiber in the fruit as well.

How much sugar is too high for you? Everyone has their own version of 'too high'. When it comes to fat, if there are more than 8 grams in a serving, it's too high for me.

What about using vanilla soy milk or even chocolate soy milk? Low in fat, but a bit high in sugar.

Splenda is pretty good.

Crushed ice makes milk creamy if you blend it on super/high.

I guess I don't really mean sugar. The overall calorie amount. I notice a lot of smoothies have a very high calorie content. I am not much of a breakfast eater so I thought this would be something that would appeal to me. I have taken a slimfast drink during the year to work but now that I am home I would like to raise the bar a little.

This week I have been into making sweet (and I mean sweet) tea. I guess that is not the best thing to be drinking.

try slim fast powder, comes in choco and vanilla ,:chef: 1 cup non fat milk. then build on that with fruit. i use frozen strawberries and bananas both frozen and fresh.

have on my grocery list about four different kinds frozen fruit i.e. peaches, berries, etc.

i figure 2oo something for milk and powder. i add 100 calories for each fruit serving.

blend in blender, the frozen fruit makes it thick. if you drink this, usually takes care of breakfast and lunch, it is that filling.

babe :ermm:

Babe, why would you use frozen berries and peaches at this time of year? Do you find they work better in your smoothies?

Babe, why would you use frozen berries and peaches at this time of year? Do you find they work better in your smoothies?

for some reason the fruit is just awful. goes from just ripe to mold in an instant. was having to throw to much away.

also, no prep to frozen, which mean i am more like to use it. am's are not my best time. it does thicken them up nicely.

babe:)

So here is what I came up with. I bought strawberries (native yum) bananas and some peaches. My base is going to be vanilla slimfast and skim milk. Sounds good but I'll let you know. Maybe I won't even need the milk since I bought the premade shakes.

So here is what I came up with. I bought strawberries (native yum) bananas and some peaches. My base is going to be vanilla slimfast and skim milk. Sounds good but I'll let you know. Maybe I won't even need the milk since I bought the premade shakes.

no you wouldn't need the milk. however i find the taste and price of powder to be the best.

sounds yummy, i am sure u will like it.

babe:)

Back
Top Bottom