Juicing to thin out my midsection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I_M_Baker

Assistant Cook
started juicing today. For dinner I had 32oz of juice that contained Kale, Parsley, Cilantro, Apple, Lemon, Pineapple, Cucumber, Sweet Peppers, and Broccoli
tomorrow's diner will be
Tomato, Kale, Parsley, Cilantro, Hot Peppers, Broccoli, and tomatillo

If you steam your veggies and blend instead you can have the added benefit of all the fibre. Hot and cold soups are great for detox and it adds variety.

I like making a detox soup at least once a month. I add onion, chard, zucchini, carrots, celery and sometimes tomato. Cook with light veg stock, water, paprika, cayenne (good for motabolism)and a splash of lemon.
Add fresh herbs for flavour too.

If you make a soup from cualiflower, broccoli, zucchini, onion and carrots and blend it till smooth it tastes creamy a rich without added milk or fats.

Last edited:
Beet juice is excellent--you'd be surprised--one beet can make a difference. Also, you might want to add Swiss Chard, celery. a few slices of ginger. When you drink the juice, chew to tell your stomach that you are eating. The broccoli can be a bit strong. You can also add parsnips (they are sweet) and you can add carrot greens. Watermelon--you can juice the rind as well.

i can do carrots but I just can't stomach beets. Thank you though

That's too bad. Raw beets are one of nature's nutritional power-houses. For variety, try superfruit smoothies. Some of the fruit powerhouses include mango, blueberries, strawberries, kiwi, raspberries of all color, cranberries, apple, orange (include the pith), cherries, pitted choke cherries, sarvice berries, and plumbs. Add nutritions nuts and seeds such as sunflower, hazlenuts, walnuts, pecans, almonds, and peanuts.

For veggie juice meals, use tomato base, and add nutritious veggies such as onion, garlic, carrot, and celery. Season with a hint of salt, oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary, sage, etc.

Season fruit juices with nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon, ginger, or mace.

Combine milk, water, and frozen fruit (especially banana) in your blender to make blender sherbet.

Use your vegetable juice blends to make soups. Just heat and add seasonings.

That should help you find variety.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Thank you every one. I love juicing so far, I don't have very many cravings for other foods and when I have had one, they pass the minute I start making my juice. I do eat one meal and oe snack per day that is solid food but healthy. Todays meal was a veggie salad with a half serving of olive oil and balsamic vinegar mix, and today's snack was a 1/4 serving of skim mozzarella cheese one button mushroom, wrapped in two slices of lean turkey sandwich meat.

Raw beets is by far better than cooked one and so is the juice. Being russian I hate to admit but I hate beets, how did ever survived there. Try the juice you'll be surprised, I almost guarantee.

Raw beets is by far better than cooked one and so is the juice. Being russian I hate to admit but I hate beets, how did ever survived there. Try the juice you'll be surprised, I almost guarantee.
+1 I LOVE beet juice. Try a beet in your veggie mix, you'll be surprised and it is good for you. Wash and peel it first, is my suggestion.

is a juice going to be your whole dinner? I hope you eat more for breakfast and lunch.

is a juice going to be your whole dinner? I hope you eat more for breakfast and lunch.
yes I have been having a slim fast for breakfast, raw veggies, a serving of boiled or grilled chicken, and a serving of a cheese for lunch. Then I juice about a pound of veggies and sometimes fruit for dinner. If I get hungery between meals I have and apple or pear. I have felt a huge change in the way I feel! My muscles don't ache, no more headaches, NO MORE STOMACH ISSUES!!!(I have had problems with digestion all my life), I am more focused, alert, happier for no real reason, and since I started(on Tuesday) I have lost 7LBS! I am convinced that this is the best thing I have ever done for my body and will continue this habit in some capacity for the rest of my life.

oh and I will at least try the beets. I will buy one tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom