"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine > Non-alcoholic Drinks

Old 12-01-2013, 12:28 PM   #101
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbur View Post
I think I'm going to hit BB&B today and pick one up. I was hoping to nurse the old pot through Dec but the last batch was really weak because it kept shutting down just at the start of the cycle. I had to restart it like 6 times before it would finish and the coffee looked like strong tea. The local store has the one I want in stock. So I guess I'm getting an early Christmas gift.
Anyone in the market for a new coffee making machine should seriously consider one of the Bunn MC single cup brewers. The Bunn name is synonymous with making coffee and they've been in restaurants and coffee shops for as long as I can remember. They're priced better than Keurig, they make better coffee than Keurig, and they can take k-cups, pods, or loose coffee or tea with the different drawers that are included. I have never heard a bad remark concerning any Bunn coffeemaker of any kind.

I'd buy one myself, but I have my heart set on the Krups EA9000 Barista, as soon as my second mortgage comes through.

Old 12-01-2013, 01:03 PM   #102
Master Chef

Sir_Loin, thanks for the tip. After doing some comparison, I've purchased the Bunn. It's available for pick up at Lowe's and was on sale. Saved about $50 over the Keurig. I like the fact that you can change out the coffee holder to take pods, k-cups, or regular coffee. I'm not limited to the k-cup. We have some other stuff that we ordered from Lowe's that is ready for pick up today too so I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Old 12-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #103
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_J_Dawg View Post

We did quite a bit of research and seeing as Mrs D like Lattes and Cappuccinos we bought a Tassimo. We've had it for three years and no problems so far.
My tassimo is about 3 years old and I really love it! The coffee seems very "rich" compared to drip or Keurig, it's kind of hard to explain. Even when drip is brewed very strong, it still seems "thin".

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:42 PM   #104
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
That Bunn sounds like an excellent choice for someone who wants to make one cup at a time easily.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:51 PM   #105
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
what the H is going on with sfb coffee prices, i'd like to know! i've been a happy fogchaser coffee drinker for a couple of months now, until...a message from amazon, informing that my coffee is about to be shipped, and the price is now $27 instead of $30. wha'? coffee prices are suddenly dropping down, and voluntarily??? at amazon, i see that the price for fogchaser has actually spiked from $30 to $46 for an 80 cup case--looking just like keurig prices now. i wonder if sfb has been bought out....

whatever is going on there, i have just ordered another case of sfb coffee from amazon at the "sale" price. right now, that .34 per cup price applies ONLY to sfb 'french roast' and sfb 'breakfast blend' flavors. the fogchaser and rainforest (except at the $46 price) is listed as being out of stock.

this is probably the best time to try sfb k cups if you've been thinking about it. take advantage of amazon's "sale"...i see a bad moon arisin' for us sfb coffee lovers....:(
am i a prophet or what?! okay, a rather confused prophet, i admit, but still....
oh pac, pac---over heeeeere! (see vit wildly waving)

amazon has increased the price of my fogchaser coffee by 50%--a whopping $14 boost, for an 80 kcup size package! at the same time, amazon has terminated the subscribe and save program for this item. i won't even mention the amzon prime rate hike here....
pac, i hereby challenge you and everyone, to reveal the next 'big thing' in coffee k cups. who here can find the best price out there for a good cup of coffee? c'mon, we can't give up the cause without a fight--some of that good old fashioned irish resistance...
Old 03-17-2014, 04:28 PM   #106
Executive Chef

Okay, the next big thing:

The new Keurig machines, known as Keurig 2.0, will not accept any cup package except real Green Mountain or licensed to Green Mountain K-cups. There are machines out there, Cuisinart immediately comes to mind, not manufactured by Keurig that will accept any single serve cup style.

I am really looking forward to Green Mountain's arrogance coming back to bite them on the ass!
Old 03-17-2014, 04:46 PM   #107
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
am i a prophet or what?! okay, a rather confused prophet, i admit, but still....
According to Amazon they are out of the item themselves. Apparently, and I never noticed, they do not have back order items. They simply get rid of the item until it is in stock again, so I was told when they get it back in stock and ship it themselves the price should be more in line with what it was.
We shall see...
Old 03-17-2014, 05:04 PM   #108
Executive Chef

my original post (above) about amazon's price hike on sfb coffee was written one year ago, last february. it feels like 'deja vu all over again'. at that time too, amazon was 'out of stock' on the sfb k cups when the price increase was announced. i was due to receive my next shipment of fogchaser coffee from amazon on april 4, 2014. i will be cancelling my subscribe and save subscription with amazon for sfb coffee, even though it appears at this time to be a moot point.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:14 PM   #109
Chef Extraordinaire

Yeah, and on top of their Prime hike, too.

While Googling I did notice that Costco has online shopping and their prices were outstanding on the SFB. I imagine you need to join, but it might be worth it and it's another option other than Amazon. Plus maybe they can ship me one of those rotiserrie chickens everyone is always eating for dinner, lol.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:19 PM   #110
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Yeah, and on top of their Prime hike, too.

While Googling I did notice that Costco has online shopping and their prices were outstanding on the SFB. I imagine you need to join, but it might be worth it and it's another option other than Amazon. Plus maybe they can ship me one of those rotiserrie chickens everyone is always eating for dinner, lol.

I may have this wrong, but I don't think you need to be a member to shop at Costco online. I think you get better prices if you are a member.

Tags
tips