"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine > Non-alcoholic Drinks

Old 03-17-2014, 06:41 PM   #111
Executive Chef

for stop-gap shopping you can bop over to ebay, where all flavors of SFB coffee k cups are still going for $28/80 case and $56/160 case, with free shipping. how long these prices will hold is anybody's guess.

Old 03-18-2014, 05:41 PM   #112
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Loin_of_Beef View Post
...I am really looking forward to Green Mountain's arrogance coming back to bite them on the ass!
Do you know if their 2.0 system also offers a reusable filter for your own ground coffee? Somehow I doubt that they would, considering its new "feature".

I've always thought they charged above premium prices for the cost of convenience, but their 2.0 brewers are beyond the pale! Since Himself and I each drink more than a cup whenever our Brewmaster gets fired up, even the concept of a single-cup brewing system has amused me.

Old 11-08-2014, 11:45 PM   #113
Master Chef

I just bought a Keurig - have been tossing the idea around for a few months now. I've been browsing through this thread, there are some good tips here.

I hope I love it. I'm not a huge coffee drinker, but I do enjoy a cup in the morning during the winter months. The single serving cups appeal to me for that reason...if I were an all day coffee drinker, or several a day, I wouldn't have gotten it.

It won't get much use in the warm months, I'm more of an iced tea fan when it's hot outside here in the desert.

I just set it up and ran it through it's first cleansing cycle, so I'm looking forward to trying my first cuppa tomorrow morning.
Old 11-09-2014, 01:05 AM   #114
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I hope you enjoy it Cheryl! I love mine at home and work.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:35 AM   #115
Master Chef

Thanks Princess, so far so good! I just had my first cup of Breakfast Blend. Very good - rich and flavorful. And so quick!

Next step is to register it and get the coupon code for my first box of Kcups. Keeping my brother in mind when he stops by for coffee...he'll say he doesn't want a cup of that "flavory, foo-fooey stuff", just coffee.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:48 AM   #116
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
Thanks Princess, so far so good! I just had my first cup of Breakfast Blend. Very good - rich and flavorful. And so quick!

Next step is to register it and get the coupon code for my first box of Kcups. Keeping my brother in mind when he stops by for coffee...he'll say he doesn't want a cup of that "flavory, foo-fooey stuff", just coffee.
I feel the same as your brother. I like my coffee to taste like coffee.
Old 11-09-2014, 12:27 PM   #117
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I feel the same as your brother. I like my coffee to taste like coffee.
Ditto here. Just a cup of coffee light with sugar please.
Old 11-09-2014, 01:44 PM   #118
Master Chef

Same here, although I do love hazelnut with a little cream. I don't care for the pumpkin-y flavored coffees offered everywhere this time of year.
Old 11-09-2014, 01:51 PM   #119
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
Same here, although I do love hazelnut with a little cream. I don't care for the pumpkin-y flavored coffees offered everywhere this time of year.

My understanding is that the majority of the pumpkin coffees have no pumpkin in them! I'm a coffee purist, prefer coffee-flavored coffee.
Old 11-09-2014, 02:32 PM   #120
Chef Extraordinaire

The last time I went to Winthrop, I went across the street to the High Tide Diner. The regular staff know when I come in the door the order is "small light with extra sugar." It has never been any different for the seven years I have been going there. A new girl served me. "We have flavored coffee now. Would you like to try one?"

"No thanks, small light with extra sugar."

"We also have hazel nut. Would like one of them?"

"No thanks. Small light with extra sugar."

"Are your sure you wouldn't like one of our flavored coffees?"

"No thanks. Small light with extra sugar."

By now, I am getting frustrated. My voice is starting to become louder. And I am making a lot of effort to remain polite. The place is packed with customers. The man sitting at the counter right next to where I was standing, thankfully waved for one of the regular waitresses to come over and rescue me. She had my 'small light with extra sugar' in her hand. Bless her heart. She gave it to me on the house. I gave her what I would have paid for the coffee as a tip with an emphatic "Thank You!"

Tags
tips