Keurig K-cups & machines. Tips?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I heard a rumor that there is a competing type of coffee maker that is less expensive and you can use any coffee you like. The best part is that you can brew more than one cup at a time because it comes with a pot!

A while back, SO bought me a Keurig as a gift. We went through many types of coffees, bought the cups so we could grind our own coffee for the Keurig. I could never find combination that gave me satisfactory cup.

Consequently, I switched back to my Cuisinart coffee machine. I buy Starbucks whole bean French Roast at Costco and grind my own. Much better.

SO continues to use the Keurig for her coffee. Usually Starbucks House Blend, Gevalia Cappuccino or some kind of chai.

I guess I'm just not very particular. I bought the refillable cups and have been using Kirkland coffee and that works great for me. I do have to add cream and sugar, so that's probably why. :LOL: I only have one cup in the morning during the cold months, during the summer I won't even use it at all.

We each drink a cup of coffee on Sunday. Sometimes we split a cup. It makes us really jittery.

The Keurig serves our needs. When we used to drink more coffee, we blew through a Bunn and several Mr. Coffees.

We each drink a cup of coffee on Sunday. Sometimes we split a cup. It makes us really jittery.

The Keurig serves our needs. When we used to drink more coffee, we blew through a Bunn and several Mr. Coffees.

Me, too! I had two cups in a row for a couple of mornings recently when I was busy wrapping gifts, and I was all amped up. I had to eat something to calm down. :ermm:

DH is a big coffee drinker. I had quit for a while but now I'm back to it. We have a cheap little Hamilton Beach that serves us well.

We all start our days at such different times and are such picky coffee drinkers the Keurig is really the best solution for us all. Daughter #1 needs her coffee black, flavoured, and light roast for the first cup (extra caffeine) and then whatever...but she needs it NOW and is incapable of complex thought early in the day. Daughter #2 wants plain old coffee with a hit of creamer. I need caffeine and can't think beyond, "Push button AFTER cup is under spout". Ken likes a flavoured coffee and it will last him all day.

Wow. We are some high maintenance people aren't we?

Back
Top Bottom