"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine > Non-alcoholic Drinks

Old 01-05-2013, 12:17 PM   #41
Everymom

The french toast flavor was not a hit around here. Maple can be a bit dodgy too, the maple glazed donut flavor was dreck. BADBADBADBADBAD!!! Belgian chocolate is lovely though, as is anything with "caramel" in its name so far.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #42
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Paper clip
I'm all ears.
Okay, let me get it written up and maybe even a Diagram...I'm just now looking forward to my first cup of coffee.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:43 PM   #43
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Well...I'm so glad I am ultimately a lazy person. When I bought my Keurig they didn't have these handy videos and I got to learn to clean the needles on the phone. The tech did stay on the phone and walk me through the whole thing. But now there is a handy video at this link: Clean Keurig® Brewer Needles & K-Cup® Pack Holder - Keurig How To - Official Video - Keurig.com

There are other maintenance videos under Customer Service at Keurig.com.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:59 PM   #44
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Loin_of_Beef View Post
New England Coffee and Brooklyn Bean Roastery also use an alternative cup for their Keurig-compatible coffees.
I did a Temp Job for a company right next to the New England Coffee Company. On my lunch break, I used to go out and take a book while laying down on the grass smelling the coffee eminating from their ventilating system.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #45
Executive Chef

that is a lovely, aromatic snapshot to cherish, addie!:)
Old 01-06-2013, 02:41 PM   #46
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Maple cinnamon French toast coffee?
Yowza That sounds tasty.
No thanks. I prefer coffee flavoured coffee. I bought a bag of Fireside blend coffee from Cost Plus and I don't like it because it has a slight chocolate aroma and taste to it. It's just not my cup of tea.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:16 PM   #47
Assistant Cook

Keurig K-cups & machines

I have one and I love it. I set it's timer, and it comes on at 7 am and turns off at 10 pm, everyday. I like the Paul Newman and any of the dark, bold flavors. The Cafe Mocha and Chai Tea are a very pleasant change.
I usually drink from a slightly larger than a mug, thermos lined cup with a lid. I found that if I set the size to match that cup, the brew was too weak, since I like strong coffee (but not espresso). So I set the size for the cup smaller. It doesn't bother me that the cup isn't full to the brim. I also enjoy the teas. But I drink the coffee flavors the most.
If you run out of the little cups to brew, you can remove that little formed thing that the little cups go in and use the ground coffee insert and make regular coffee. I like that too.
My only complaint is that the boxes of little Keurig K-cups are expensive...but hey...it is a relatively small matter when I enjoy it so much.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #48
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
No thanks. I prefer coffee flavoured coffee. I bought a bag of Fireside blend coffee from Cost Plus and I don't like it because it has a slight chocolate aroma and taste to it. It's just not my cup of tea.
Of course it is not your 'cup of tea.' That's because it is coffee silly! One has leaves, the other has grounds.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:58 PM   #49
Executive Chef

talking about coffee with chocolate overtones, i finally have a small bottle of the dark chocolate godiva liqueur to go with my coffee. it's the same one that everybody was getting for a present at christmas, and exclaiming about. and with good reason--the stuff is delicious! i can pour it right into my coffee for a hint of velvety chocolate presence, without oversweetening my coffee. kahlua, which i like in some ways, practically ruins my coffee because of its cloying sweetness.

my favorite way to combine godiva liqueur with my keurig coffee, is to drink it as a coffee chaser. i take a mouthful of strong, hot coffee, then follow it up with a small sip of godiva cocolate--Yum!! the coffee dominates, the chocolate lingers, softly after....
Old 01-06-2013, 11:03 PM   #50
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
I'm with you there. If I want something in my coffee it's cream and/or booze.

I especially don't like the flavoured coffees that are flavoured with artificial stuff. Tastes and smells perfumey to me.

Tags
tips