"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine > Non-alcoholic Drinks

Old 01-10-2013, 03:25 PM   #51
Master Chef

How is everyone storing their little coffee pods?

I've looked at many gizmos made for the purpose like the carousel thingy, but none of them are for me for one reason or another. We have three favorite coffees so we are storing them in one of those plastic shoe boxes with a lid, and have used cardboard to divide it into three sections. It stores nicely in the cabinet beneath the machine.
What is your solution?

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:26 PM   #52
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks for reminding me. I meant to look and see if I can find a low profile "under the cabinet" drawer.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #53
Master Chef

I looked at this Pac but after measuring I found it too high to sit under my machine, besides it got some bad reviews about poking holes in the cups! My plastic shoe box was a buck at the dollar store.

Keurig K-cup Storage Drawer Coffee Holder for 36 K-cups: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:31 PM   #54
Assistant Cook

Costco is the best place I have found to buy K-cups. But Keurig does have a club on its site. They offer discounts depending on how much you buy
Old 01-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #55
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I looked at this Pac but after measuring I found it too high to sit under my machine, besides it got some bad reviews about poking holes in the cups! My plastic shoe box was a buck at the dollar store.

Keurig K-cup Storage Drawer Coffee Holder for 36 K-cups: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food
That's something like what I want, but to mount under the cupboard above my machine. I like to slide the coffee maker out of the way when I'm not using it and don't want it sitting on something, but just to know... how tall is that? Where did you find the measurements?

And I just got a 30% Kohl's coupon, so off to look at their K-cup prices
Old 01-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #56
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post

Odd I have two of those drawers and my machine sits on top. I have not had any problems with holes being punched in the cups. At work I have a carousel.

For my extra cups, The Death Star Cookie Jar holds 4 - 24 count boxes.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:22 PM   #57
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
That's something like what I want, but to mount under the cupboard above my machine. I like to slide the coffee maker out of the way when I'm not using it and don't want it sitting on something, but just to know... how tall is that? Where did you find the measurements?

And I just got a 30% Kohl's coupon, so off to look at their K-cup prices
The drawer is 3.25 inches high.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:22 PM   #58
Assistant Cook

I use the carosel thing for the flavors I use the most, and the extras I put in a drawer under the counter. I separate them in plastic bags.
I have heard that Bed, Bath and Beyond have a good selection of Keurig coffee flavors.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:21 PM   #59
Executive Chef

okay, you'all listening? kayelle, pac, whoever else is waiting to hear about the san fran bay fogchaser k cups i bought from amazon: 80 k cups cost me 39 cents each--$31.35 for the case, free shipping. you can buy a smaller quantity, but then the price goes up, and shipping charges may apply. costco is still the price buster in the group, reportedly selling the 80 count case of sfb for $28.00--a rock bottom price of 35 cents per k cup.

i am as happy as can be with the quality of this coffee. it has a taste that is bold, honest, and full of flavor. it compares favorably with every other bold variety i challenge it with. i'm not able to compare it to flavored coffees such as hazeknut or kahlua--but these and other chocolate or caramel flavored coffees i will continue to enjoy, as before....

sfb comes in a number of blends, and i may test them all before i'm through. for my personal taste, the fogchaser is the ideal strength when i brew a total of 14 ozs. of coffee, using one k cup, twice through the keurig machine, at the 6 oz. and the 8 oz. settings. the ten oz. makes it extra bold, and sometimes i opt for that size, especially for my first cup of the day.

the k cups are eco-friendly, and we like that, right? on one side they look and feel just like a teabag, with only the lid itself looking like the k cups you've been using all along. also, since they are not self-sealed, these k cups need to be stored in a sealed container once a (factory-sealed) bag of them has been opened.

so, i cannot use my fun carousel in which to house my fogchaser k cups. i have decided that i will continue to display the keurig cups in the carousel, though, and use it for my 'change of pace' coffees.

while the sfb k cups are not 1/2 the cost of the keurig ones (as i initially thought) they do amount to a savings of about 20-25 cents per k cup. for me, this is substantial, considering the amount of coffee i go through every single day....:)
Old 01-14-2013, 05:55 AM   #60
Chef Extraordinaire

Great review, Vit.

Last week I got a Kohl's coupon in the mail. A 30% off one
And as I suspected, when I went to their website to check out K-cups they were outrageously priced To the point the 30% off did not get them cheaper than I can buy them locally, or through Amazon.

I'll be ordering some of that SFB

Tags
tips