Keurig K-cups & machines. Tips?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yup, they did, I hope that it blows up in their faces. I would be more sympathetic if they were offering the machine cheap and relied on the coffee to turn a profit, but they are charging a pretty penny for the machine and are expecting people to buy only the coffee that they are making a profit on.

Add to that, you cannot use older kcups, so if people bought large boxes at a club store and decided to upgrade, their old cups are useless. I've heard that they are replacing some of the cups, but I'm not sure how many that they will replace.

I see more generic machines on the horizon. I have a feeling that there is going to be some backlash after christmas when lots of people receive the 2.0 machines as gifts.

Well, I don't plan on upgrading anytime soon either. At least there's a hack.

I love the convenience of a one cup maker, so I bought an of brand k-cup machine and use refillable cups and use whatever coffee I want to use!

And here is my cue to endorse the coffee source I've been using since I told "Greed Mountain" to go away: Dean's Beans - All Organic Fair Trade Direct Coffee.

Coffee bags are a full pound. Each bag is around $9.50, give or take a half dollar. Dean's Beans claims that they roast your beans as they fill your order, doing all the work out of their single location in Orange, MA. All I know is it's good and fresh!

When we first started our regular delivery program with Greed Mountain over a dozen years ago. they operated the same way. I started to look around after we were getting coffee that had been warehoused in New Jersey or, in one case, Washington State. We made the move the first time someone here mentioned that they were going to the chip system to prevent people from using off-brand K-cups. Haven't regretted it once.

They've also just raised prices. When Green Mountain and Keurig merged in September, they used the excuse of the confusion of the merger to double ship along with telling customers that they had to redo their Auto-Orders. Ask me how I know about this...

I hope you complained and got one of the shipments for free.

I checked the GM/Keurig prices earlier tonight. $1.75 a bag higher than when I left them...in June. Thanks, but no.

Call me weird, but I like instant coffee. The most coffee brewed in MN and others, in retail places, cannot compete with coffee I make. Though I of course have had good coffee, especially Cuban coffee places in Miami, places like Starbucks and Caribou are nothing special. How much more so some simple Keurig machine. There are some fancy espresso makers that do a good job, but majority of it is simply adequate. Having said that we do have Keurig and my daughters love it, for making cocoa in the morning, before school.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

Last edited:
I hope you complained and got one of the shipments for free.

I checked the GM/Keurig prices earlier tonight. $1.75 a bag higher than when I left them...in June. Thanks, but no.

Oh, I complained, got no where because technically I DID order them. But I no longer have a GM/Keurig account. Which is sad, because my favorite brew is only available from them.

No club necessary. =) Just find one of these, I think Amazon sells this brand.

ekobrew-300x300.jpg
What I have and use, with ground coffee, way cheaper than K-cups.

Not even with the hack?

I bet someone will put out something that will sooner or later

They will likely work with the hack, Rogers coffee company (San Francisco bay coffee) is already sending out a plastic piece that can be mounted on the machine to trick it for free. It's a bit more elegant solution.

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Discuss Cooking mobile app

They will likely work with the hack, Rogers coffee company (San Francisco bay coffee) is already sending out a plastic piece that can be mounted on the machine to trick it for free. It's a bit more elegant solution.

That's funny.

We buy our coffee from Rogers. They are significantly less expensive than Keurig. I wait for one of their many sales, and order. The last one day sale they had was 30% off! It brought the price of the 80 count box down to about $20! I stocked up!
The only disadvantage is they do not have all those fancy flavored coffees, etc. But the 4 varieties we buy are enough for us. I give Kayell a cup of the Dark French Roast to get her heart started in the morning.

Rogers Family Gourmet Coffee and Tea
I actually found out about them from DC. The ones we use are:
French Roast
Fogchaser
Breakfast Blend
Rainforest
They also have a variety pack
I always buy the 80 count boxes. If you do the math, 5 cups/day times 30 days=150 cups, or about 2-80 count boxes!
Right now we have about 5 month supply!

Rogers Family Gourmet Coffee and Tea
I actually found out about them from DC. The ones we use are:
French Roast
Fogchaser
Breakfast Blend
Rainforest
They also have a variety pack
I always buy the 80 count boxes. If you do the math, 5 cups/day times 30 days=150 cups, or about 2-80 count boxes!
Right now we have about 5 month supply!

Heh, just proves I don't pay attention.:wacko: I'll try a box of their coffee from Costco first. Thanks bunches!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom