"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine > Non-alcoholic Drinks

Old 01-22-2013, 09:04 AM   #81
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

In the good k-cups it is grounds. Some of them have instant coffee...I've mistakenly bought a couple of those. The was also a Mocha that turned out to be instant coffee and hot chocolate mix...ick!

I stick with the ones made with real coffee.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:09 AM   #82
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm trying to get through some Donut Shop mocha now... it smells a lot better than it tastes. Using cream instead of milk helps, but not enough that I would buy it again.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:13 AM   #83
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

If I want a mocha, I stir in Dove Dark Chocolate, three pieces make a nice mocha.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:35 AM   #84
Chef Extraordinaire

I've used Hershey's syrup before. Maybe I'll buy a bottle of the dark chocolate next time.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:46 PM   #85
Executive Chef

b70 keurig machines are selling for $150 today on qvc. they come with 64 k cups (plus some other stuff) and an even larger water reservoir than before. nice colors....
Old 02-08-2013, 08:44 AM   #86
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
in the interests of full disclosure and transparency, it probably needs to be noted about the sfb k cups that: you will find that a small amount of sediment remains in your coffee receptacle when using this type of k cup. it is something that does not occur with the keurig k cups, in my experience. i don't know how many coffee drinkers are bothered by this occurrence. the sfb coffee co. reports in one of their coffee descriptions, that enhanced flavor is achieved with this manner of brewing, i.e., straining the coffee through exposed paper filters.....:)
Your further review kept me from getting them
Cleaning sediment is reason enough for me to stick with the cups.

And I had to replenish my stash yesterday. I went back to the hardware store where I first purchased them and not only were they the same price (I had been thinking they might have been on sale that first time), they have trippled their selection. Quite a feat for a hardware store to devote that much of their aisle to K-Cups. Hopefully they continue to corner the country craving for K-Cup coffee
Old 02-24-2013, 09:13 AM   #87
Executive Chef

what the H is going on with sfb coffee prices, i'd like to know! i've been a happy fogchaser coffee drinker for a couple of months now, until...a message from amazon, informing that my coffee is about to be shipped, and the price is now $27 instead of $30. wha'? coffee prices are suddenly dropping down, and voluntarily??? at amazon, i see that the price for fogchaser has actually spiked from $30 to $46 for an 80 cup case--looking just like keurig prices now. i wonder if sfb has been bought out....

whatever is going on there, i have just ordered another case of sfb coffee from amazon at the "sale" price. right now, that .34 per cup price applies ONLY to sfb 'french roast' and sfb 'breakfast blend' flavors. the fogchaser and rainforest (except at the $46 price) is listed as being out of stock.

this is probably the best time to try sfb k cups if you've been thinking about it. take advantage of amazon's "sale"...i see a bad moon arisin' for us sfb coffee lovers....:(
Old 02-24-2013, 09:27 AM   #88
Chef Extraordinaire

So they dropped the price $3 temporarily, but then it's going up $16?
Old 02-24-2013, 09:40 AM   #89
Executive Chef

who the heck knows. that's how it looks to me right now....

current info on sfb coffee, anyone?
Old 02-24-2013, 11:59 AM   #90
Chef Extraordinaire

Here's my Keurig tip.
If you put a splash of milk in your cup before setting it under the machine, it is best to immediately place the cup under the machine before putting the milk away, lest you run the machine with no cup to catch the coffee.
I learned that one yesterday

Tags
tips