Keurig K-cups & machines. Tips?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The french toast flavor was not a hit around here. Maple can be a bit dodgy too, the maple glazed donut flavor was dreck. BADBADBADBADBAD!!! Belgian chocolate is lovely though, as is anything with "caramel" in its name so far.

Last edited:
Maple cinnamon French toast coffee?
Yowza :yum: That sounds tasty.

No thanks. I prefer coffee flavoured coffee. I bought a bag of Fireside blend coffee from Cost Plus and I don't like it because it has a slight chocolate aroma and taste to it. It's just not my cup of tea.

Keurig K-cups & machines

I have one and I love it. I set it's timer, and it comes on at 7 am and turns off at 10 pm, everyday. I like the Paul Newman and any of the dark, bold flavors. The Cafe Mocha and Chai Tea are a very pleasant change.
I usually drink from a slightly larger than a mug, thermos lined cup with a lid. I found that if I set the size to match that cup, the brew was too weak, since I like strong coffee (but not espresso). So I set the size for the cup smaller. It doesn't bother me that the cup isn't full to the brim. I also enjoy the teas. But I drink the coffee flavors the most.
If you run out of the little cups to brew, you can remove that little formed thing that the little cups go in and use the ground coffee insert and make regular coffee. I like that too.
My only complaint is that the boxes of little Keurig K-cups are expensive...but hey...it is a relatively small matter when I enjoy it so much.

No thanks. I prefer coffee flavoured coffee. I bought a bag of Fireside blend coffee from Cost Plus and I don't like it because it has a slight chocolate aroma and taste to it. It's just not my cup of tea.

Of course it is not your 'cup of tea.' That's because it is coffee silly! One has leaves, the other has grounds. :angel:

talking about coffee with chocolate overtones, i finally have a small bottle of the dark chocolate godiva liqueur to go with my coffee. it's the same one that everybody was getting for a present at christmas, and exclaiming about. and with good reason--the stuff is delicious! i can pour it right into my coffee for a hint of velvety chocolate presence, without oversweetening my coffee. kahlua, which i like in some ways, practically ruins my coffee because of its cloying sweetness.

my favorite way to combine godiva liqueur with my keurig coffee, is to drink it as a coffee chaser. i take a mouthful of strong, hot coffee, then follow it up with a small sip of godiva cocolate--Yum!! the coffee dominates, the chocolate lingers, softly after....

I'm with you there. If I want something in my coffee it's cream and/or booze.

I especially don't like the flavoured coffees that are flavoured with artificial stuff. Tastes and smells perfumey to me.

How is everyone storing their little coffee pods?

I've looked at many gizmos made for the purpose like the carousel thingy, but none of them are for me for one reason or another. We have three favorite coffees so we are storing them in one of those plastic shoe boxes with a lid, and have used cardboard to divide it into three sections. It stores nicely in the cabinet beneath the machine.
What is your solution?

Thanks for reminding me. I meant to look and see if I can find a low profile "under the cabinet" drawer.

Costco is the best place I have found to buy K-cups. But Keurig does have a club on its site. They offer discounts depending on how much you buy

I looked at this Pac but after measuring I found it too high to sit under my machine, besides it got some bad reviews about poking holes in the cups! My plastic shoe box was a buck at the dollar store.

Keurig K-cup Storage Drawer Coffee Holder for 36 K-cups: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

That's something like what I want, but to mount under the cupboard above my machine. I like to slide the coffee maker out of the way when I'm not using it and don't want it sitting on something, but just to know... how tall is that? Where did you find the measurements?

And I just got a 30% Kohl's coupon, so off to look at their K-cup prices :cool:

I looked at this Pac but after measuring I found it too high to sit under my machine, besides it got some bad reviews about poking holes in the cups! My plastic shoe box was a buck at the dollar store.

Keurig K-cup Storage Drawer Coffee Holder for 36 K-cups: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

Odd I have two of those drawers and my machine sits on top. I have not had any problems with holes being punched in the cups. At work I have a carousel.

For my extra cups, The Death Star Cookie Jar holds 4 - 24 count boxes.

That's something like what I want, but to mount under the cupboard above my machine. I like to slide the coffee maker out of the way when I'm not using it and don't want it sitting on something, but just to know... how tall is that? Where did you find the measurements?

And I just got a 30% Kohl's coupon, so off to look at their K-cup prices :cool:

The drawer is 3.25 inches high.

I use the carosel thing for the flavors I use the most, and the extras I put in a drawer under the counter. I separate them in plastic bags.
I have heard that Bed, Bath and Beyond have a good selection of Keurig coffee flavors.

okay, you'all listening? kayelle, pac, whoever else is waiting to hear about the san fran bay fogchaser k cups i bought from amazon: 80 k cups cost me 39 cents each--$31.35 for the case, free shipping. you can buy a smaller quantity, but then the price goes up, and shipping charges may apply. costco is still the price buster in the group, reportedly selling the 80 count case of sfb for $28.00--a rock bottom price of 35 cents per k cup.

i am as happy as can be with the quality of this coffee. it has a taste that is bold, honest, and full of flavor. it compares favorably with every other bold variety i challenge it with. i'm not able to compare it to flavored coffees such as hazeknut or kahlua--but these and other chocolate or caramel flavored coffees i will continue to enjoy, as before....

sfb comes in a number of blends, and i may test them all before i'm through. for my personal taste, the fogchaser is the ideal strength when i brew a total of 14 ozs. of coffee, using one k cup, twice through the keurig machine, at the 6 oz. and the 8 oz. settings. the ten oz. makes it extra bold, and sometimes i opt for that size, especially for my first cup of the day.:)

the k cups are eco-friendly, and we like that, right? on one side they look and feel just like a teabag, with only the lid itself looking like the k cups you've been using all along. also, since they are not self-sealed, these k cups need to be stored in a sealed container once a (factory-sealed) bag of them has been opened.

so, i cannot use my fun carousel in which to house my fogchaser k cups. i have decided that i will continue to display the keurig cups in the carousel, though, and use it for my 'change of pace' coffees.

while the sfb k cups are not 1/2 the cost of the keurig ones (as i initially thought) they do amount to a savings of about 20-25 cents per k cup. for me, this is substantial, considering the amount of coffee i go through every single day....:)

Last edited:
Great review, Vit.

Last week I got a Kohl's coupon in the mail. A 30% off one :)
And as I suspected, when I went to their website to check out K-cups they were outrageously priced :mad: To the point the 30% off did not get them cheaper than I can buy them locally, or through Amazon.

I'll be ordering some of that SFB :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom