Keurig K-cups & machines. Tips?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In the good k-cups it is grounds. Some of them have instant coffee...I've mistakenly bought a couple of those. The was also a Mocha that turned out to be instant coffee and hot chocolate mix...ick!

I stick with the ones made with real coffee.

I'm trying to get through some Donut Shop mocha now... it smells a lot better than it tastes. Using cream instead of milk helps, but not enough that I would buy it again.

I've used Hershey's syrup before. Maybe I'll buy a bottle of the dark chocolate next time.

b70 keurig machines are selling for $150 today on qvc. they come with 64 k cups (plus some other stuff) and an even larger water reservoir than before. nice colors....

in the interests of full disclosure and transparency, it probably needs to be noted about the sfb k cups that: you will find that a small amount of sediment remains in your coffee receptacle when using this type of k cup. it is something that does not occur with the keurig k cups, in my experience. i don't know how many coffee drinkers are bothered by this occurrence. the sfb coffee co. reports in one of their coffee descriptions, that enhanced flavor is achieved with this manner of brewing, i.e., straining the coffee through exposed paper filters.....:)

Your further review kept me from getting them :)
Cleaning sediment is reason enough for me to stick with the cups.

And I had to replenish my stash yesterday. I went back to the hardware store where I first purchased them and not only were they the same price (I had been thinking they might have been on sale that first time), they have trippled their selection. Quite a feat for a hardware store to devote that much of their aisle to K-Cups. Hopefully they continue to corner the country craving for K-Cup coffee :)

what the H is going on with sfb coffee prices, i'd like to know! i've been a happy fogchaser coffee drinker for a couple of months now, until...a message from amazon, informing that my coffee is about to be shipped, and the price is now $27 instead of $30. wha'? coffee prices are suddenly dropping down, and voluntarily??? at amazon, i see that the price for fogchaser has actually spiked from $30 to $46 for an 80 cup case--looking just like keurig prices now. i wonder if sfb has been bought out....

whatever is going on there, i have just ordered another case of sfb coffee from amazon at the "sale" price. right now, that .34 per cup price applies ONLY to sfb 'french roast' and sfb 'breakfast blend' flavors. the fogchaser and rainforest (except at the $46 price) is listed as being out of stock.

this is probably the best time to try sfb k cups if you've been thinking about it. take advantage of amazon's "sale"...i see a bad moon arisin' for us sfb coffee lovers....:(

Last edited:
So they dropped the price $3 temporarily, but then it's going up $16?

Here's my Keurig tip.
If you put a splash of milk in your cup before setting it under the machine, it is best to immediately place the cup under the machine before putting the milk away, lest you run the machine with no cup to catch the coffee.
I learned that one yesterday :rolleyes:

Here's my Keurig tip.
If you put a splash of milk in your cup before setting it under the machine, it is best to immediately place the cup under the machine before putting the milk away, lest you run the machine with no cup to catch the coffee.
I learned that one yesterday :rolleyes:

LOL! My little Mini at work has a sensor in it and will not start if there is no cup in it...I wonder why they don't do that for the high end machines.:wacko:

I've been researching the machines. DH is often gone for work during the week so it's just me drinking coffee. My 1 year old 12 cup pot is shot. Reading reviews, it seems like the machines only last 2-3 years. Are you all satisfied with the machine itself and customer service if you've had problems?

I've been researching the machines. DH is often gone for work during the week so it's just me drinking coffee. My 1 year old 12 cup pot is shot. Reading reviews, it seems like the machines only last 2-3 years. Are you all satisfied with the machine itself and customer service if you've had problems?
I don't have one. I have used one in a hotel room. I much prefer my espresso machine. It takes about the same amount of time and only a little more effort. I don't have to buy those cups, and I'm not helping overfill the landfills with those stupid empty cups.

Have you considered getting an espresso machine?

I find espresso too strong for my taste, so I boil some water and dilute it. It tastes amazing - diluted, it doesn't overwhelm my taste buds and I can really taste the subtle flavours. It makes one or two cups of espresso at a time.

I still love my Keurig's...that is plural, I have two, one for home and one for the office.

I think I'm going to hit BB&B today and pick one up. I was hoping to nurse the old pot through Dec but the last batch was really weak because it kept shutting down just at the start of the cycle. I had to restart it like 6 times before it would finish and the coffee looked like strong tea. The local store has the one I want in stock. So I guess I'm getting an early Christmas gift.

Ditto on loving my two Keurigs. (Home and work) I prefer my home machine which is the Special Edition. The work machine is the Elite and it has only two cup settings and not as many features as the home machine.

We did quite a bit of research and seeing as Mrs D like Lattes and Cappuccinos we bought a Tassimo. We've had it for three years and no problems so far.

I still like my Keurig. SIL got one at Costco this weekend, with 60 K-cups included. We both bought a platform with a drawer thing that the machine sits on and where you can store your K-cups.

DH and I are weekend coffee drinkers, I'd be twitching and shuddering out the door if I drank coffee during the work week.

Back
Top Bottom