Keurig K-cups & machines. Tips?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
I went through the first page under appliances and under non-alcoholic beverages and didn't see anything... so please merge away if I missed something.
But how about a thread to alert of deals or tips in the Keurig world of machines and K-cups? Especially for neophytes like me :)

I would like to say that I ordered a 50 count from Amazon for .60/cup. And at the time it looked like a good deal, comparing it to other online offerings. Free shipping, too. But I just returned from the local hardware store and paid .58/cup for the same coffee and in a lesser quantity, 18 count. I'm feeling kind of ripped off now by Amazon if a local hardware store can offer the same product for less and I would not have to wait a week. Plus I won't have to store as many at one time.

And I've seen folks mention clubs... is there a club I should belong to for ordering online K-cups for less? Is there a break-off point where it doesn't become worth your while? Right now, just being me, I figure I'm good for 3-5 cups per day.

No club necessary. =) Just find one of these, I think Amazon sells this brand.

ekobrew-300x300.jpg

I have two of those. I have not been able to come close to replicating the flavor of the extra bold K-cups. Of course, a lot of that probably has to do with the coffee I am using, too.

I'll be watching this thread with interest Pac. My family gave us a Keurig machine for Christmas, something I didn't think we wanted or needed. Nevertheless, it produces the best cup of coffee I've ever had and we both love it. The gift included lots of different cups and we've been making notes about the ones we like the best. I've heard that Costco has the best price at .40 per cup, but I'll be interested to hear what others have to say.

Zereh, our machine came with one of those for when the novelty of the filled cups passes. However, I must say that the grocery store coffee I've filled it with in no way compares with the specialty cups.

I've had my Keurig platinum for a year, and liked it so much, I got one to sit next to my desk at work :)

My best finds are when you have a 30% coupon for Kohls. They sell K-cups there, and have them on sale periodically. If you don't have a Kohls nearby, they may sell them online as well, and there's always a way to get free shipping. If you don't have a coupon, it's easy enough to google a coupon and print it out :)

Also, the little do-it-yourself type reusable metal filter for Keurig is wonderful! I use that about 1/2 the time.

PS: if you like flavored coffee, Target's Archer Farm Brand flavored bagged coffee is less than $6 and makes a ton of K-cups. The coconut is really good, and I'm also currently enjoying the cinnamon vanilla.

Ah, Kohl's...
How come every time I get a 30% off coupon their base price is 30% higher than Amazons? At least on small appliances.
I will keep an eye on their K-cups though. Thanks for the tip! Offhand, do you have a price/K-cup from Kohl's?

Best prices I've had are when I have the $10 Kohls cash, and it's on sale, and I have a 30% off. Then I can get a box of 18 for $1.87.
I am a coupon queen.

Their regular price is high, which is why I wait for sales/coupons.

BUT Target is a good price - usually $10.99 for a box of 18. Don't forget you can use your k-cup twice, as long as it's once right after the other (like don't wait 6 hours...)

Also, Green Mountain coffee has a facebook page where they often post coupons to print for their k-cups.

That's a great price at Kohls with the coupons. They mustn't jack up the prices to compensate like on some of their other items. Good deal! I'll be watching them for sure.

Target is higher than the local Ace, too. They have really good prices there. Even on their hardware, lol.

I run 2-6oz brews through one K-cup and have enough room for cream, light if I want. The Donut Shop med roast extra bold has had the best flavor so far. I just finished a Donut Shop Coconut Mocha, a 10oz brew, and it was alright. Could have been stronger, but had a nice aroma.

I hated my Keurig brewer and I hated Green Mountain for trying to create a monopoly, going as far as to sue anyone who tried to manufacture a k-cup without giving them a kickback. I quit using mine almost a year ago and finally gave the damn thing away to a woman at work who thought she couldn't live without one.

My DIL has one of these machines and I think the best deal for her is when we come to her house. I always bring along a package of the k-cups for tea. She drinks both the coffee and the tea, so whatever is left over she has to drink. :chef:

My DIL has one of these machines and I think the best deal for her is when we come to her house. I always bring along a package of the k-cups for tea. She drinks both the coffee and the tea, so whatever is left over she has to drink. :chef:

chopper, that is so sweet! Sounds like something my mom would do... oh wait, she has :)

Just an FYI, some of Green Mountain's patents have recently expired. Store brand k-cups are appearing as well as brands from Kraft (their competitor with Tassimo) these aren't under license from Green Mountain, since now I guess anyone can make K-cups.

I have a feeling that prices are going to get more competitive in the near future. There are also a couple of machines out that take k-cups but don't have the Keurig name on them.

It will be interesting to see if when contracts expire with the hundreds of brands currently under license with Green Mountain, if they will just start manufacturing on their own, it will surely hurt Green Mountain's bottom line.

I have a feeling that this is the biggest reason that Green Mountain recently introduced the VUE brewer, to try to hold on to some of that with a new slew of patents and brewers incompatible with original cups.

For now I am thoroughly enjoying my Tassimo that was a gift from my mom.

That's a great price at Kohls with the coupons. They mustn't jack up the prices to compensate like on some of their other items. Good deal! I'll be watching them for sure.

Target is higher than the local Ace, too. They have really good prices there. Even on their hardware, lol.

I run 2-6oz brews through one K-cup and have enough room for cream, light if I want. The Donut Shop med roast extra bold has had the best flavor so far. I just finished a Donut Shop Coconut Mocha, a 10oz brew, and it was alright. Could have been stronger, but had a nice aroma.
Are there any doughnut shops near you that have good coffee? If so, ask if they sell their coffee by the pound.

Are there any doughnut shops near you that have good coffee? If so, ask if they sell their coffee by the pound.

Nope. Not a donut shop around :(
I miss donuts...

It'll be great if the grocery stores start packaging their own K-cups. Places like Giant Eagle or Wegmans. Then even if they are competitively priced I'm sure they'll have sales on them now and then like they do everything else.

Nope. Not a donut shop around :(
I miss donuts...

It'll be great if the grocery stores start packaging their own K-cups. Places like Giant Eagle or Wegmans. Then even if they are competitively priced I'm sure they'll have sales on them now and then like they do everything else.

As I said above, store brands are popping up. The store where I work has a store branded k-cup, just arrived about a month ago. They currently run 6.99 for 12 cups.

Back
Top Bottom