Latte, espresso, chai and too many of the appliances

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raspberrymocha55

Senior Cook
I love coffee, espresso, lattes, cappuccino, chai, loose leaf and bagged tea and iced tea. Consequently one whole 20 ft kitchen counter is covered by an espresso machine, drip coffee maker , percolator, Keurig, French presses, and tea pots. The 2 20 ft shelves above that are filled with teas, coffees, coffee syrups and between are hanging my coffee mug collection from all over Europe and the US. Oh, and coffee grinders. My question is: Might I possibly be on the verge of becoming a caffein hoarder? Am I the only one?

My question is: Might I possibly be on the verge of becoming a caffein hoarder?
Could be....I love coffee myself but I am a simple man. I still find myself amused by the look on the face of the kid behind the Starbucks counter several years ago. I asked him for cup of regular black coffee. I thought he was gonna have to get his supervisor to help him. :LOL:

Could be....I love coffee myself but I am a simple man. I still find myself amused by the look on the face of the kid behind the Starbucks counter several years ago. I asked him for cup of regular black coffee. I thought he was gonna have to get his supervisor to help him. :LOL:

Should have paid with a couple of $2 bills and really sent him into cardiac arrest! :LOL:

Yes. Yes, you are. However, check out my signature line, it may apply to your coffee and tea appliance hoarding.

Last edited:
You are a prime candidate for an intervention. Pack up all your gear and supplies and lock them away somewhere very inconvenient. Buy yourself a large jar of the cheapest instant coffee you can find. Every morning stir a double dose of instant coffee into a glass of body temperature water and chug it down as fast as you can. Repeat as needed and revel in your vacant counter/shelf space and all the productive uses you can put it to.

To fill the counter space consider a KA mixer, a nuwave oven, juicer, roaster, toaster and coaster. Please post a picture.

Rotfl! I have the KA, a cuisinart, crockpot, knife sets filling another counter. Spices, herbs etc fill another. Ummm...did I mention that hubby had a 9x19 pantry built for me, but it's not done yet.

Instant coffee?! ACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's why hubby had a pantry added on. It's an old farmhouse style kitchen which is next on our list of remodeling. No. Kitchen table. I want one, but hubby wants one of those stupid space wasting islands. Right now I just have to shove all the appliances over when I am making noodles, pies, or anything that requires space. It's a pain at holiday time. Its a gorgeous old brick house and we?3 been restoring/remodeling for 6 years. My dining room is beautiful, but lots left to do.

dose of instant coffee
When I was working swing shift, at the end of 3 - 11 my relief would show up, go to his locker and get his jar of instant coffee. He would then get his cup and spoon. He would then proceed to the water fountain, which had a hot water dispenser on it. He would run some hot water in his cup. Take a big spoonful of instant coffee and put it in his mouth and take a swig of the hot water. He was a strange individual.

Starbucks over here can't get to grips with the idea that an Americano is BLACK. It - doesn't - have - milk - in - it! I've started asking for "a black Americano" but 9 times out of 10 I still get the little jug of milk with it.

Costa are usually the same but the other day when I asked for a black Americano the lad behind the counter looked down his nose and carefully explained that "an americano IS black, madam". Oh dear, that was me firmly put in my place!:(

When I was working swing shift, at the end of 3 - 11 my relief would show up, go to his locker and get his jar of instant coffee. He would then get his cup and spoon. He would then proceed to the water fountain, which had a hot water dispenser on it. He would run some hot water in his cup. Take a big spoonful of instant coffee and put it in his mouth and take a swig of the hot water. He was a strange individual.

Strange individual, indeed.

Hey, Hoot, your new avatar is stylin'! Looks great!

A doctor friend tells me that when she was in her last year of med school, she, and most of the other med students, would put a teaspoon of instant coffee under their tongues for a quick pick me up. :ohmy:

Coffee...IV...there were nights I prayed for that! Decided that the half and half probably wouldn't be good like that.:mrgreen:

I was firmly convinced that all teachers needed a shunt so they could mainline coffee in the morning! My students knew that I was not a person to mess with enforce I had my coffee. Many mornings as I dragged into my room, the kids would say "go get another cup of coffee. We'll be good til you get back!" even now in retirement, my hubby reminds me to get enough coffee to be semi human! Hey! I'm just not a morning person!!!! ; )

Back
Top Bottom