Lavender or Rosemary Lemonade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Both the kids and I love, this it's so refreshing and nice on a hot day. I like to serve with an anti-pasto platter little crustles sammies or just fruit and veggies with a dip. See what you think.
Boil 2 cups of water and pour it over either a sprig of rosemary or 1 heaping TAB. of lavender flowers. Steep for about 5 min then remove the herbs you chose. Add1/3 cup of sugar OR honey stir to dissolve.Pour into a quart jar add 1/4 cup lemon juice and fill the rest of the way with icy cold water. Taste adjusting the sweetness or the lemon Serve ove ice in a nice tall glass Adding a sprig of rosemary OR lavender if you like.
kades

That sounds so yummy! Will book mark this for when it's summer in Australia!!

That sounds so yummy! Will book mark this for when it's summer in Australia!!
Great and when do you get your summer? We are in the middle of our hot time now so it's make lots of tea.:LOL:
kades

Sounds great. I'ma suggest that to a friend of mine who does lamb tacos, cookies and lemonade at the local farmer's market. She'll get a kick out of it.

Cheers.

Oh, kadesma, they both sound very refreshing! I have some lavender growing in the front yard, sounds like something very good to try with some of the flowers!

Sounds great. I'ma suggest that to a friend of mine who does lamb tacos, cookies and lemonade at the local farmer's market. She'll get a kick out of it.

Cheers.
Thanks for letting her and me too hope it makes her smile.
kades

Oh, kadesma, they both sound very refreshing! I have some lavender growing in the front yard, sounds like something very good to try with some of the flowers!
Don't you just love lavender? I do it smells divine and the taste is yummy.
kades

Thyme is also a nice change, especially if you need to clean the palate.

Don't forget, fresh mint. Pineapple mint, chocolate mint both make GREAT additives fro fresh "ade".

My fave: Some muddled blueberries in fresh lemonade. . . for the adults, Blueberry Stoli, and more vodka,lemonade, and a splash of vanilla vodka for a "Cake" like flavor.

i just planted some lemon thyme that would work in lemonade. also pineapple sage.

rosemary is usually to strong for me, but i think lavendar would be nice. even in iced tea.

kadesma said:
Great and when do you get your summer? We are in the middle of our hot time now so it's make lots of tea.:LOL:
kades

I'm from Australia and our summer officially starts in December. You know I might just make it anyway, curiosity has gotten the better of me :)

Kadesma: Lovely Cooler Offs

Thanks for posting these two lovely refreshments ...

Tatt: Thanks for your feedback too ...

I like mine with Sweet Basil or Spearmint or Thyme too ...

All of them are a delight ... as I sit on my terrace overlooking the Adriatic ... Cannot think of any place I rather be ...

Have a lovely Sunday.

Ciao. ;)
Margaux Cintrano

I infuse white wine vinegar with a few sprigs of fresh lavender and rosemary, some pink peppercorns, let it sit in the dark for about a month. I love a shot glass of this in a glass of seltzer on the rocks in the summer.

Back
Top Bottom