Let's talk tea (again)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is a blueberry one that Ken likes. Both the Orange and Lemon Zingers have piles of hibiscus in them. You could try some of the other brands as well. The London Fruit and Herb Blackcurrant Bracer is exceptional. Which is, of course, why I can no longer find any of it!

Its worth it for a 17 point drop.

This is what I really like to do, since I'm pregnant I can't do a lot of flavors or herb/ spice teas. I like to take some black tea (decaf) and mix in some sugar in the raw or some vanilla sugar and a touch of milk. I also like to add a little bit of vanilla creamer. There is a new one that is just sugar, vanilla, and cream that is tasty. I know, pretty boring.

I love all kinds of tea my faves normally are Earl gray, green, white, chai, and I also am a fan of constant comment. I have a white tea with peach that I am dieing to try.

betterthanabox, why can't you drink herb teas? I know you can't have raspberry, but I think most of the others are safe are they not?

How much tea do you all drink per day?

Last year, on a trip to England, I brought home some Yorkshire Tea that was given to me as a gift. I have to say, it's since become one of my favorites.

I don't know how to describe it, other than to say it's full bodied and... kind of a "man's tea" I guess.

(ducks for cover)

betterthanabox, why can't you drink herb teas? I know you can't have raspberry, but I think most of the others are safe are they not?

How much tea do you all drink per day?

Well I think it can be summed up in this: :sick:. I don't know a few cups a day. Not too much.

Hey hibiscus lovers, I just read over in the baking thread that you can buy hibiscus POWDER in ethnic stores.

Anything with mint or ginger is an antinauseant too. I grow my own mint and make a lovely tea when I have tummy issues. I think they're both OK when pregnant too.

Just coming off a bad cold, my mom's home remedy is ginger tea.

For starters: a tsp of ginger. The kind you get from the spice rack, just plain old ground/powdered ginger.

a tsp of honey. If you can get a local (to you) honey, so much the better (I have two beekeeper friends, lucky me)

hot water

Stir.

Once you've tried this, adjust the above.

I've never liked milk, but Mom would put it in my sisters' teas.

Since you're a grown-up, you can turn it into a hot toddy.

I use more ginger. This calms the tummy, clears the sinuses (especially that last gulp).

I introduced this to hubby on a miserable, damp winter day when we were camped at Solvang in the winter. Don't ask me why I hadn't remembered it 25 years before. But of course it is now a "got the sniffles" staple for us.

Since you're a grown-up, you can turn it into a hot toddy.

I use more ginger. This calms the tummy, clears the sinuses (especially that last gulp).

If its for betterthanabox she can't make it a hot toddy until after her baby is born.

Steve Kroll said:
Last year, on a trip to England, I brought home some Yorkshire Tea that was given to me as a gift. I have to say, it's since become one of my favorites.

I don't know how to describe it, other than to say it's full bodied and... kind of a "man's tea" I guess.

(ducks for cover)

I love a"man's tea". No need to duck for cover around me, I am often times called an honorary man by my husband and sons. It is meant as a complement, and taken as such. I may need to try this tea. I love the bold black teas. Yorkshire tea it is. Thanks.

i got a gift of a primula tea set last christmas that i use on lazy sunday mornings.

primula teas are a small ball of light gren teas tied around jasmine flowers. you drop it into the glass pot of boiling water and as it steeps, the ball of tea "blooms". that is that the outer leaves of green tea swell and open to expose the jasmine flower inside.

Primula Tea: Blooming Teas, Flowering Teas, Artisan Teas

buckytom said:
i got a gift of a primula tea set last christmas that i use on lazy sunday mornings.

primula teas are a small ball of light gren teas tied around jasmine flowers. you drop it into the glass pot of boiling water and as it steeps, the ball of tea "blooms". that is that the outer leaves of green tea swell and open to expose the jasmine flower inside.

Primula Tea: Blooming Teas, Flowering Teas, Artisan Teas

Never saw anything like this. Kinda cool. How does it taste?

I've heard about "blooming tea." Sounds like a very elegant show-stopper. I don't think I've ever seen a video clip of it though...

It reminds me of a novelty from my childhood... colored pebbles that grow into a forest of crystals when submerged in a bowl of water a couple days.

Never saw anything like this. Kinda cool. How does it taste?

it's good, really neat to watch, but i prefer stronger teas. as steve said while ducking, manly teas. lots of aroma and astringency.

this is really light green tea with the definite floral aroma of jasmine.

my boy and i share a long steeped pot while watching "avatar - the last airbender" cartoons. i told him it's white dragon tea from ba sing se, the mystical city in the cartoon.

There is a blueberry one that Ken likes. Both the Orange and Lemon Zingers have piles of hibiscus in them. You could try some of the other brands as well. The London Fruit and Herb Blackcurrant Bracer is exceptional. Which is, of course, why I can no longer find any of it!

Its worth it for a 17 point drop.

I'll look for the lemon Zinger. I would love to have my BP go down for a while, instead of up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom