Let's talk tea (again)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i got a gift of a primula tea set last christmas that i use on lazy sunday mornings.

primula teas are a small ball of light gren teas tied around jasmine flowers. you drop it into the glass pot of boiling water and as it steeps, the ball of tea "blooms". that is that the outer leaves of green tea swell and open to expose the jasmine flower inside.

Primula Tea: Blooming Teas, Flowering Teas, Artisan Teas

I have that set and lots of tea, I like taking them to work and wowing everyone.

lol, must be a slow day at work, fee, huh?

if i tried that, i'd get mocked out of my shop. the only reason the geeks i call coworkers let me drink earl grey is captain picard drank it, hot. :cool:

lol, must be a slow day at work, fee, huh?

if i tried that, i'd get mocked out of my shop. the only reason the geeks i call coworkers let me drink earl grey is captain picard drank it, hot. :cool:

They love all my geek toys at work...I also have an Inginuitea Tea Pot...they are always asking to borrow it. It seems to help that I work with a bunch of women.:)

I guess I thought it would be obvious the hot toddy is for adults who are not alcoholics or pregnant! meant it more in terms of having a cold. But the honey/ginger combo might help the nausea, assuming you like ginger.

Is anyone else especially particular about their teapots? I don't like to make herbal tea in my "black" teapot, or vice versa. I find there is enough residual flavor that it mars the tea I'm about to enjoy. Is that just me?

Tea mug or tea cup? I'm a mug girl most of the time, I like to have a LOT of tea. My dad used to only drink his tea out of bone china tea cups. It tickled me to see those enormous hands being so gentle and delicate with a floral teacup. When I feel reminiscent, I use one of his cups for my tea and think of him.

Is anyone else especially particular about their teapots? I don't like to make herbal tea in my "black" teapot, or vice versa. I find there is enough residual flavor that it mars the tea I'm about to enjoy. Is that just me?

Tea mug or tea cup? I'm a mug girl most of the time, I like to have a LOT of tea. My dad used to only drink his tea out of bone china tea cups. It tickled me to see those enormous hands being so gentle and delicate with a floral teacup. When I feel reminiscent, I use one of his cups for my tea and think of him.

I have separate pots for herbal and black (and green) teas. But, I want a pot that can go in the dishwasher.

We were gifted a really nice pot. It was large, it didn't drip, and it had one of those inserts for tea leaves. I am so mad at myself. I dropped one of my Copco (enamelled cast iron) lids on it. Back to the old brown one that piddles when you pour tea.

I prefer a mug for my tea at home. A client made this one and I use it all the time.
IMG_2899.JPG

Oh I love that mug! I had one that was handmade and I dropped it on the ceramic tile floor. Wow that was a lot of pieces! This is my favorite teapot. It can sit on a stove burner and it can go in the dishwasher. It isn't cheap though!

Funny thing about the White Christmas Tea by Stash. My local grocery store has a very good tea selection for some reason, and I think they carry every Stash type of tea except the Christmas blend. I checked yesterday, and had to shake my head and laugh.

I ended up getting Mint Magic from Celestial Seasonings. It's very good!

Funny thing about the White Christmas Tea by Stash. My local grocery store has a very good tea selection for some reason, and I think they carry every Stash type of tea except the Christmas blend. I checked yesterday, and had to shake my head and laugh.

I ended up getting Mint Magic from Celestial Seasonings. It's very good!

They might bring it in for a Christmas special if they generally stock Stash. My grocery store will only bring it in in December. I'm so addicted though I buy it in caselots of 120 bags at a shot!

I have many teapots and cups, I've been collecting them since I was about 2 years old. I can get myself in trouble bringing more of them home. But, I usually just heat water on the stove and pour it into a warmed mug.

I have one large tea pot and several tea for one sets like this one.

image-4189853826.jpg

image-1014016318.jpg

I also use a mug sometimes, and I have one very special china tea cup that I got from my Mom. She sent it to me so we could have tea together. Those were great times when I could call her in Michigan and say, "Hey Mom, start the kettle. Let's have tea!". We would both have tea in matching cups across the miles while chatting on the phone. I miss her so much. December 1st will be one year since she passed away. It's hard to drink out of that cup without her. :(

image-3269331817.jpg

Oh chopper what a lovely memory to share with us. Thanks for that. Isn't it great that something as simple as a tea cup can elicit such strong memories for us? And rest assured my friend, in time it won't hurt so much to drink tea from that cup. There will always be a twinge, but it will be softened by the loving memories you have of her. That's what I've found with my own tea cups.

Hey...lets have tea together and think of our respective parents. I'm going to put mine in a crocus cup and drink White Christmas. You?

Well, I am going to try some pumpkin spice Chai that I got as a gift-in a special china tea cup! ;).

Oh chopper what a lovely memory to share with us. Thanks for that. Isn't it great that something as simple as a tea cup can elicit such strong memories for us? And rest assured my friend, in time it won't hurt so much to drink tea from that cup. There will always be a twinge, but it will be softened by the loving memories you have of her. That's what I've found with my own tea cups.

Hey...lets have tea together and think of our respective parents. I'm going to put mine in a crocus cup and drink White Christmas. You?
May I join the two of you. I have Some White Christmas tea I got after reading the posts from you and GB it was my favorite buy. Ill put it in my moms individual put I bought for her her last Christmas with us. I've stayed away from the unit I keep it in most of the time but I think it's time to retire the old mug I use and bring out the pot and cup and saucer with the pretty pink roses. Alix Chopper those memories sweeten with time and one day you will look up and realize life is beautiful.
cj

*clink* Cheers kadesma! Thanks for joining us and I am glad you like the White Christmas too. Here's to your memories of your Mom.

I'm feeling as if I need to get some White Christmas. Where do I order it from? Is it loose tea or bags? Is there a website or could I find it in the stores? Thanks.

You can buy it either loose or in bags. Its a Stash product. Their website is really good.

Thanks...I just ordered several kinds of tea including a Christmas sample pack that includes White Christmas. Can't wait until it gets here!

Back
Top Bottom